Totally confused re: TTC

natty79
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:25 am 
Post subject: Totally confused re: TTC
Hi,

I am a newbie and i am on my first month of ttc, trouble is i am totally confused over when to expect AF etc which is making it really difficult to know when to test. I feel totally stupid because im sitting here waiting for af to turn up but no idea when, which is making me imagine early pg symptoms. I know my last few periods and they range from 21 days to 30 or so. aggghhh so confused

Any help?

Thanks
Laura01
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:36 am 
Post subject:
My periods have been the same, ranging from 35-42 days after a few month they settled to every 36 days. Apparantly If you are unsure you should test on day 29 and every 3 days after, it can work out expensive!! x
Dory
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:16 am 
Post subject:
hi hope i can help, i normaly ovulated day 12 from the first day of my period my cycle was between 26 and 28 days, lossed a baby last year and my cycle went crazy for 4 months 32/33 days every where i read said test on your longest cycle or if you get a 4 day early one count back 4 days from your longest 1.good luck D X
natty79
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:21 am 
Post subject:
Ok so if Af arrvied 8th dec, 15th Jan, then 6th of feb, then 12th March - roughly when should i be testing?

God this is hard to work out lol
rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:12 pm 
Post subject:
im not sure but i would test some time this week, judging by your dates the longest was 38 days (dec to jan) and now youre on day 31? but other months have been shorter so i would test in the middle of the week, but thats just me. wish you the best of luck! let me know how you get on natty79. Very Happy x
Dory
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:15 pm 
Post subject:
hi again, 5 weeks and 4 days was your longest cycle so i'd say you could if you wanted do a 4 days early test tomorrow or wait another 5 days and see if they turn up! good luck what ever you decide to do D x
natty79
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:08 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies

Did a test last night, BFN, oh well i'll continue to wait, getting back pains so looks like AF is on her way!

Thanks for the advice
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:19 am 
Post subject:
Hi Natty79 - don't be too disheartened - back ache can be a sign of pg - also have you tried testing in the morning because that is when you have the most hormone in your urine. If you did it last night, you might not have had enough hormone to detect it. But looking positively, if af arrives, you can start again! I'm still waiting for mine! I wish something would happen! 41 days! GRRRRR! Lol! xx
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:23 am 
Post subject:
h ladies fellin a bit peed of today i have had some spottin and back pain so i think i def aint preg so feeling like [*@!#%*] and to top it all of my nieghbour just had a baby 3 months ago and told me today that she is expectin AGAIN
sssssssssooooooooooo not fair am i being selfish
natty79
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 am 
Post subject:
Thanks girls, i think im trying to think the worst so that i dont get too upset when it doesnt happen. Want AF to come so we can get back to it so to speak lol. Its only month 1 and already its driving me mad
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:32 am 
Post subject:
i know how u feel believe me its so frustratin
good luck hun
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:32 am 
Post subject:
Natty - it looks like we're at exactly the same stage - first month of trying and both waiting for positive result or af to arrive! How old are you?
Honie - don't worry hun - it's your first month of trying isn't it? Also, just think - you've got three lush boys already - keep that in mind and it will happen soon. x
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:35 am 
Post subject:
thanks sarah
i was tempted to buy a test today just in case i dont get my proper af so if its just spottin i would still do the test in a couple of weeks but noy lookin hopeful and my nieghbour got steralised while she had her last baby and still got pregnant
i know i sound like a [*CENSORED*]
natty79
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:36 am 
Post subject:
Im 28, getting married in 2 months time but really didnt want to wait another 2 mmonths to start trying if its going to take me 6 months or more to concieve. How old are you sarah23?

Good luck to you too honie x
sarah23
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:54 am 
Post subject:
Natty - I'm 23 so still young - kind of feel more pressured to get pregnant more quickly! Congrats on getting married! It's all go in your life. Hope the big day goes well and you get the perfect present!

Honie - don't feel so bad on yourself - I'm sure all of us at some stage have looked jealously at someone with a little baby and thought bad things! It's natural! One of my friends just had a baby - so adorable but hard cos she has everything I want. They're finding it stressful though - putting a lot of pressure on the relationship. I would def buy a test and do one next week to check - I really don't think it's anything bad at the mo honie. Don't give up this month yet! I'm trying to hold hope that I still am too but unlikely! xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular