is it safe to dye hair?!

xamberx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:45 am 
Post subject: is it safe to dye hair?!
i was jst curious weva itd b harmful or not to dye my hair whilst pregnant, im 17 weeks, ive been told u shudnt as goes into the bloodstream but nt too sure how true this is........ne knw?! ma hair rly needs doin lol
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:48 am 
Post subject:
no u aint suppose to dye your hair there is one u can buy that is lesss harmful not sure which one but u should ask in pharmacie they should show u
take care with rest of preganancy
CL
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:36 am 
Post subject:
Hi I use a henna hair dye as it is safe to use whilst preganant but i do mine at home. If you go to a salon they will advise you.Good luck x ( the amonia gets in through your scalp I think so better to be safe )
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:38 am 
Post subject:
Hi, I never dyed my hair during pregnancy.

However, I think you can dye your hair as long as it doesn't contain ammonia?? It may be worth discussing with your pharmasist
izzy0308
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:39 am 
Post subject:
Herbal Essences is fine to its Ammonia free...

You can have it done with any product at the hair dresses you just need to tell them you are pregnant so that they are aware and they just dont touch/go as close to your scalp.

xxx

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:27 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah go to the hairdressers cos my friend did hers last year when she was preggers at home with one that was meant to be safe and she ended up with orange bits in the middle of her blonde!!! xxx
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:05 pm 
Post subject:
i have just been to the hairdresser and said "of course i cant have low lights till after baby" hairdresser said not so ?? apparently perms & bleaching but not the new types of hair colour - got an apptmt on thursd for foils - just a few before wedding !
am a tad bit confused by contradictions etc ?? any of you hairdressers that can put light on this ?
g
x
Lxjane
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:27 am 
Post subject:
im a hairdresser and never heard that you cant have your hair colored! every salon i have worked at we have colored pregnant ladies hair and i color mine nearly every week always have done and this is my second pregnancy! the only reason we say to stay away from coloring and perming is because of breathing in the fumes of peroxide! it can get into your blood stream if you are around it to much thats why i cant work in a hairdressers while im pregnant and can only color my hair a few times while pregnant, but you CAN use any tints, bleach on your hair as long as your careful! x

honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:31 am 
Post subject:
hi
just wanted to say your scan pic is so cute it is amzing good luck with rest of preg
ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:54 pm 
Post subject:
errrm? I had a baby 6 months ago and throughout my pregnancy I had my hair coloured, my hairdresser said it was fine and nothing to worry about????? Shocked
flossie
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:05 pm 
Post subject:
Mmmmm me to - had my roots done in Jan and am going on Friday for a colour this is my 3rd baby and have never stopped having my hair done.....

Flossie xx

lisaken
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:08 pm 
Post subject:
nope me neither im sorry but i think some mums to be worry to much its only pregnancy none of this [*@!#%*] was said in the old days lol xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular