Mild cramping

PlainJane
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:47 pm 
Post subject: Mild cramping
Hi, this is my first time on here! We've been trying to conceive for nearly a year now, with no success. My last period started on the 1st April (ha ha, not very funny) and lasted for 4 days as usual, however I had mild cramping every day since I finished. I happened to go for a smear 3 days ago and informed the nurse, she wasn't very helpful but did say that there appeared to be a lot of discharge around my cervix. My question is, has anyone had these symptoms and actually been pregnant - I would be around 6 weeks if so. Got BFN 3 days ago. Grateful for any feedback!
MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
hiya jane
i have been trying to concieve for 10 months now but after my period on the 7th month i experienced some mild cramping aswell kinda like period pain but not so bad this lasted right up until my nxt period and the period pain was twice as bad so after the period had settled i went to doc to ask what was going on he did all the usual tests smear and std tests and gave me an internal all of which came back clear!! he then sent me for an ultrasound as although the pain was now not every day it was coming and going and driving me up the wall cos i figured it was to do with ttc, my scan showed that i had fluid around one of my ovaries (apparently nothing to worry about as this could be a number of things for example could have been left over blood from period or cud have been the fact that i was ovulating at the time of scan etc etc) but dr wanted to discuss this anyway as he thought he had discovered the reason for the pain but unfortunately it did not match up the fluid was on opposite side to the cramps.
anyway he decided to send me for a laparoscopy and he reassured me in no way cud this fluid prevent me from gettin pregnant i recieved letter from the hosp but instead of referring my to gynae for the lap he has instead referred me to the infertility clinic which normally u have to be trying for a year to get sent to. i stil get the pain but not all the time just on and off and no where near as often as i was getting it!
sorry i cant tell u what it is or if it is anything to do with you being pregnant but id suggest u visit ur doc and explain how u having been trying, it may be that u have a bacterial inf and that is y so much discharge (im not sure how ur discharge changes when u r pregnant) but it may be that too so best to get ur docs advise and dont let them jst brush u off like its not important
gl i hope it all goes well sorry for rambling on i jst wanted to show u that ur not alone

xx
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
hi ladies sorry to here it is takeing long to concieve
was u on the pill previously just wondering cos i trying to concieve
Dory
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jane ,Just read your post... if you had your last period on 1st april surely you should only be ovulating about now, normaly ovulation occurs 10 to 17 days from the first day of your period..as for the discharge i would go see the doctor and get it checked just incase its infection... keep me posted and good luck Dx
PlainJane
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:15 am 
Post subject: Thanks
Your replies have made me feel a bit better, thanks! I would assume that it was ovulation pain if it just happened around day 12 onwards but its just that there has been mild cramping pain every day which has never happened before. I should get the test results from triple tests during smear either this pm or tomorrow to find out if its an infection. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks again, its taken me ages to find the courage to join a forum. Talking to people who aren't going through the same thing just aren't the same, particularly if they have just had a baby and seem to have forgotten all the [*@!#%*] that comes with ttc! x
Dory
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:07 am 
Post subject:
hi glad, all the posts made you feel better,iv had real bad cramp since ovulation this month, i remembered with my youngest i had cramps but i thought that was after i new i was pg but i am an old girl so the old memory might be going! fingers crosses we have bfp very soon x
MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:15 am 
Post subject:
hey honie

i was on the pill for about 5-6 years before we started trying i had took a break from the pill about 2 years ago for a month or so just because the one i was on had stopped agreeing with me and the one i was put on in its place was not suitable either. but since i have came off the pill last june my periods have been as regular as clockwork bang on 28 days every month which i found a little strange as most ppls r irregular for the first few months
i have not been using ovulation tests as i was told they were not really worth it and with my periods bein so regular i was able to use a calendar to work out when i was ovulating and could judge by the changes in my cervical mucus!!
how long have u been trying honie?
x
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:19 am 
Post subject:
i came of the pill the in march so not lnog didnt really consider that it might take some time to fall so a bit dissapointed at the min
jenniP35
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:25 am 
Post subject:
Hi Jane, Honie is right about you being mid cycle and ovulating. Maybe the nurse doesn't know what EWCM is and thats what she is saying is your discharge. Having you been keeping and eye on it and your temps etc? You'll have a better idea when you are ovulating if you try and chart at least a couple of these things then if you do feel you need to seek futher help with TTC at least you will have a bit of info re your cycles. Hope that helps Smile
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:15 pm 
Post subject:
I have been charting everything since coming off the pill (May 07) so I'm fairly in tune with my body now. This is why I don't think its ovulation pain. My pelvic area just feels different. I tried to find info on being pregnant and still having your period - but the medical profession just say 'no, it can't happen' . I know I'm just clasping at straws but its either that or a infection!!! No results back today so I'll try again tomorrow. I did think the discharge around my cervix could be that plug you get once your pregnant. Thanks gilrs x
MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:49 pm 
Post subject:
i wouldnt be too disappointed honie its different for everyone u never know it might only take you a couple of months to fall
i really didnt expect it to take this long me and my partner had kinda prepared ourselves for falling straight away in the first month really niave when i think back now but i just didnt ever expect it to take this long
but we just have to keep having fun trying and keep our fingers crossed

good luck im sure it will happen soon for u

x
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:01 pm 
Post subject:
thank u everyone u have been so nice even though its my first month of actually tryin so i know im being a bit selfish there r lots of u that have been trying for longer than me so just wanted to say thank u for being understanding
MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:05 pm 
Post subject:
ur not being selfish honie of course u want it to happen in the first month of trying dont think ur being selfish we are all in the same boat no matter how long we been trying we are all wanting the same result
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:41 pm 
Post subject:
hi jane, just wan't to reasure you i have had every kind of early preg sign you can name but this last couple of weeks i'v had the cramping every day some days real bad my lower back all last week was so bad i took pain killers, i'v been tracking my cervix position and its still high i think thats good...its real nice to no all these girl are so supportive im having a real blue week as the baby i loss would be due at the end of this week, would be great if i get a bfp as due date is the date i can test...sorry im rambling good luck to everyone x
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
hi honie,

just thought i'd let you know i was on the pill for 5 years and when i came off, it took me 3months to concive, so its different for everyone.

im now 17weeks pregnant, so hang in there, i know how disappointing it is when you get that dreaded period at the end of your month!

wish you all the best of luck for trying for baby.

kimberley xo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular