Is it ok to wean a little at 13 weeks old?

Loobylou
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:09 pm 
Post subject: Is it ok to wean a little at 13 weeks old?
Hi there

My LO is 13 weeks old, she has suddenly started to struggle with her milk, she feeds ok but then brings almost the whole bottle back up after each feed, then 2 1/2 hours later shes screaming with hunger, she is also doing this at night, i feed het at 7pm she sleeps till 11 i feed her again then she goes till 3 or sometimes 4 so i feed her again but the she may wake every 2 hours after that with hunger, tonight i have given her a rusk mixed with her formula at tea time then a little milk just before bed, i will top her up at 11 and see how she goes, does anyone have any other suggestions??? all the health visitor keeps saying is as long as shes putting on weight its fine, but im not enjoying it, she took the rusk and milk really well and settles well at bedtime so hopefully tis may help
Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:29 pm 
Post subject: hi
Hiya.to be honest,13 weeks is far too soon to be having solids,you should be waiting until 6 months.

If she is bringing up the milk,then there might be a reason why this is happening.My goddaughter had problems keeping milk down and they found out she had reflux problems and she had to have gaviscon in every feed for a little while but she's fine now.

Sorry i cant be more help x

ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:46 am 
Post subject:
I agree, 13 weeks is too young for weaning! I was told by my health Visitor to wait until my son was 20 - 22weeks old!!!
I have heard that babies that are weaned too early are likely to have allergies to lots of things later on ?!!
Loobylou
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:41 pm 
Post subject: weaning at 13 weeks
Hi
Thanks for the advice, last night i gave her a rusk mixed with her formula at tea time, i just mixed it to a really runny liquid, she loved it and as a result only woke once between 7.30pm and 6am! i am NOT introducing any more foods to her until 6 months old, i have met with people who have their babies even younger than mine on baby rice and drinking juice from their bottles???? i wont go that far!
ch4rli3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
Thats good that she likes it! its taken bloody ages for my son to not pull a yucky face when hes given food lol!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular