birth cerf

mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:17 am 
Post subject: birth cerf
do the babys farthers have to be on the birth cerfs? whats the diffrence if there not people are telling me that he has to be on it and others are telling me he dont x
Bazzle
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:26 am 
Post subject:
Hi Lillilamb,

This is something I have looked into alot as I do not want the Father on the BC.

Basically the way it works is that if you are married either the mother or the father can register the birth. If you are not married then the mother can register the birth. If you want the Father to be on it then he has to either be with you in person to do it, or you can have an official document ( sorry, cant remember the name) signed by the father and witnessed by a solicitor or someone that you can take with you.

If you do not put his name on the BC then he does not have any Parental Responsibility ( ie - he cannot make decisions re name, religion, helath, school, where the baby lives etc) This does not mean that he has no Financial responsibility though and can still pay maintanence etc. If you do put him on the BC then he has shared Parental responsibility with you and has equal say in how the baby is brought up.

If you are in a dodgy relationship then it may be best to not put him on in the first place as you can add him on at a later date - you cannot take him off at a later date though.

The father of my baby wants nothing to do with me or my boy, therefore I will not be putting him on the BC as he is not likely to come with me to register the birth or sign the document - however this does then mean that if the Father changes his mind in 6 months..a year..5 years etc then it will be my decision how much access he has etc - it just protects me from having the father swan in and out of my boys life when he feels like it.

Hope that helps??? xxxx
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:33 am 
Post subject: xx
yeah thanxs thats alot of help it be just my name on it then think it will work out better for ma boy if i do it that way x
Bazzle
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:43 am 
Post subject:
Im with you there - I have to admit though that at first I didnt like the thought of my babys BC having no fathers name on it but I think that in the long run it is better and will mean that I get the control. I dont mean this in a horrible psycho way but the way that I look at it is that I am having to do this on my own at the moment and all the plans about how im going to manage financially/work/and look after my baby are a constant worry - but I will do it. The father, however, is not living up to his responsibility, and I just want to make sure he doesnt get to call the shots if he decides he is ready to live up to it!!

At first i didnt even realise that the father had to be with you - although I suppose it stops people putting down Brad Pitt as the daddy!!

Lots of luck to you hun xxxx
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:48 am 
Post subject: xx
yeah it be nice if i cud just put down brad pitt lol. the farther of my baby wants to be involved as much as he can but he a danger and a threat to my child so i want to be calling all the shots and make sure his visits are supervised.
thanxs for advice good luck xxx
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
hello mylillamb,

haven't been on this site for a bit, and was reading through the posts and that.

and i have to say CONGRATULATIONS on finding out your having a boy!!!! Laughing

Very Happy

about the birth certificate i think your well in your rights not to have the father on it, as i remembar your first few posts and what a d**k he is!!! Rolling Eyes

damn these pregnancy hormones, i don't know why, but im such a happy head all of a sudden from reading your having a boy!!!! lol!! Embarassed

any ways good to know you and baby are keeping well Very Happy

kimberley xo

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular