Normal or VBAC after first C-section

klloyd
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:06 am 
Post subject: Normal or VBAC after first C-section
Dear All,

I had an emergency C-section first time. My first baby is 2 years old now and I'm 37weeks pregnant now. How easy or difficult or risky is it to try for normal delivery after first C-section. The doctor said I would be continuously monitored during my labour if I want to try for VBAC. How nicely these NHS people monitor. I have read that there might be a risk of the scar tearing during labour. Would I know if the previous scar is tearing up ( ofcourse, I must be feeling pain). Would I be able to distinguish between the labour pain and the pain at the scar. When they say pain at the scar or rupturing of the old scar, is it the outer most layer of the scar or the inner layers of the scar that we can't see from outside that they are talking about. Would I know if the inner layers of the scar that are rupturing.Has anyone had such experience if so please share with me. Any tips to try for VBAC or Normal delivery after first C-section please.

Thanks in advance
Klloyd
honie
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:41 am 
Post subject:
hi i know lots of people that have had c section then went on to have normal deliveries cos u have only had one c section u should be fine the risk is more if u had 2 previously
hope i have been some help
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
i know a few who have gone on to have a normal birth sucessful after a c section!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular