Early Stages of 1st Pregnancy

Petel
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:10 pm 
Post subject: Early Stages of 1st Pregnancy
Hi ya all..
I'm now 6 weeks pregnant and have been feeling very tired, bloated, got HUGE sore boobs and have bad heartburn. I need some advise on been bloated as my husband and I agreed not to say anything until after the 12 week scan but I look 6 months pregnant at the moment - a bit difficult to hide.
I've been eating Activia yogurt and drinking peppermint tea but it's not helping.
My heart rate has also increased.. is this normal?? I've not been to my GP yet because when I rang up I was told the doctor won't see me until I'm 8 weeks pregnant.
Is that normal too on the NHS??
Kimberley20
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:16 pm 
Post subject:
hi,

and congrats on your pregnancy!!!!

my advice on the bloatedness would be to avoid gassy foods like onions and beans e.c.t

also for your heart burn, acidy foods are better to be avoided, like raw onions.

hope i helped a bit.

kimberley xo

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Petel,
Again congrats on your pregnancy!
Bloatedness - try drinking lots more water and cutting out fatty foods, fizzy drinks and caffeine as they can encourage water retention .(Sometimes there's just nothing you can do i'm afraid, it's just ickle bubba trying to grow!! Smile )
Heartburn - I have found milk and yoghurt the best way of getting rid of it. It seems to neutralise it. If I don't always want plain milk I get some nesquik and make it a milkshake!!
Heartrate, yeah I think this is normal cos you'll have extra bloodflow going on inside so your heart has to work harder to pump it around.
As to phoning your doc, if you want to see them, just tell the receptionist that you're pregnant and it's vital that you see someone asap. Some surgeries have different policies but if you're worried about something don't let them railroad you off the phone xxxxx
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:38 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for all you're advise ladies.
I've stayed off the coffee and onions today and feel so much better. I've substitute coffee for orange juice and milk. I've had a few cramps in my abdomen today but will ring the doctor if they continue tomorrow.

Home time soon.. in desperate need of sleep. chat later!!
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Petel,
Glad some of those things worked for you. As for your cramps, it'vs very normal at your stage to feel period like cramping but if they get severe just phone the doc xxxxx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular