Dying of thirst . . . HELP

startingagain
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:50 pm 
Post subject: Dying of thirst . . . HELP
Hi everyone

I've been trying hard to be good and cut down on my cups of tea, I'm finding it really hard because I'm thisty and can't find a good alternative. fruit juices are all too sweet, the water here is gross even after being filtered and bottled water's not much better. I tried honey and cinnamon which is supposed to be good but it's giving me heart burn, which I don't usual have a problem with at all, I like warm peppermint milk but it tends to bloat after a couple. I'll try anything !!!!! Razz

many thanks
Donna x
MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:52 pm 
Post subject:
what about diluting juice?
or i like hot water with slices of lemon in it u can give that a try
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:08 pm 
Post subject:
It is pure fruit juice or squash? I quite like hot blackcurrent or have you had the chocolate highlight drinks with only 40cals per cup.
JanineAndCasey
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:28 pm 
Post subject:
I came off the Caffine last year and I have mixed around with different fruit teas. I know they are not for everyone but once you start drinking them you won't go back to normal tea and coffee coz they taste funny. I was drinking green tea (which on it's own tastes horrible) with pear and apple and at the moment I am drinking white tea with pomegranate (twinings from tesco) but there are lots of different ones out there, it's just a case of trying them and see which one you like.
startingagain
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:08 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the replies ladies,

I have made a list to take shopping with me later. My problem is I used to have a terrible sweet tooth and would eat and drink anything , but during my last pregnancy 11 years ago I stopped all sugar because I had non stop heart burn. Since then I jus can't stand sweet stuff and not a milk drinker like my other half. Will be defo trying warm blackcurrant tonight and buy a few flavoured teas and a bag of lemons what a shopping trip and I'm not even pregnant yet only trying Laughing
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:08 pm 
Post subject:
Have you tried decaf tea? I have the tetley one when pregnant as do my children who love tea, and I can hardly taste the difference from normal tea. I really liked peppermint tea too as well as I think it was vanilla tea by tetley - they do some lovely flavours.

startingagain
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:14 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks meg

hadn't thought of decaf will have to give it a go, I didn't realise how much tea I drank until I tried to cut down . Laughing

Glad to read your scan went well the other day have been looking out for you !!

Donna x
Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Startingagain

I did reply to one of your earlier posts but not sure you noticed it?? Are you TTC yet again? My AF turned up yesterday ggrrrrr Evil or Very Mad So its back to the drawing board for me bummer!!!

Helz xx
startingagain
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Helz

only just got 5 mins to log on been one of those weeks !! just been catching up . Ahhh sorry to here that "BLEEP" turned up !! She turned up here 10 days ago, so this sunday's the day to start again Wink .

Read an article which said no BD for 3 days before OV because the sperm live for 3 days in waiting and it will be old sperm. Then once per day, day before, day of and day after OV then no BD for 3 days again so the egg isn't too old either. It also said during the rest of the month, to get your other half very close but not release and then to wait until the next day. This is supposed to improve the sperm ?? So when the 3 magic days come around the sperm should be of top quality . . . we're gonna give it a try this week end Embarassed Laughing
Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hey good luck this weekend!! Fingers crossed for us both this time eh! I just keep thinking am I too old for this now as its 10 years since my last child was born, just hope it will work in the end!!

Helz xx Smile
startingagain
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:15 am 
Post subject:
I know that one my eldest turned 16 in march and has bought himself a motorbike Rolling Eyes !! my middle one is 14 and a half and my youngest is 11 and a half. So if your old cos your youngest is 10 then I must have one foot in the grave Laughing .

Anyway I heard your as old as the man you feel . . . . so I'm only 33 !!! Laughing

my Nan was my age, and my Mum was my son's age, when my Uncle was born, my dad's mum was 42 and my dad was 19 and married to my mum when his youngest sister was born ( she 3 years older than me ).

So I'm now listening to my other half who keeps telling me I'm not old ! like he said it's society that have decided that and women have had babies way past our age for generations before contraception. We are just going with nature and I'm sure we'll both have bumps before long !! x
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:01 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Donna - and trust me, you are not old! I hope you manage to conceive soon. Have you found an alternative to tea yet?

startingagain
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:52 am 
Post subject:
Hi meg,

On day 2 of 3 of BD then 3 without, thats gonna be worse than the TWW !! He he .

Don't know if anyone else will be interested in this, my OH found this on the web.
Honey and cinnamon. It advises a teaspoon of each but you adjust to taste, sweet or not . You can have it with or without milk, I like without, OH likes with. It's supposed to have positive health benefits, helps the immune system !! so for anyone not just us TTC or Preg ladies. It's quite refreshing so have been coping on 2 cups of tea per day. OH down to one

Have tried peppermint tea wasn't too bad, the fruit one I got was a little better. They're just different .

If you give the Honey and Cinnamon a go let me know what you think !

Donna x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular