starting IVF in feb 09

Dawnsy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:51 am 
Post subject: Help me please I am stressed
I have my first appointment with Fertility clinic on 25 Feb I have no idea what to expect.. please tell me as I amvery nervous and scared they are not going to help me.
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:10 pm 
Post subject:
Try not to worry Dawsy
they will be very nice. Where are you going for your appt? Is it NHS or private?
If you are going private, they will be excellent, and you wont be kept waiting.

I would expect a scan, and they will prob take bloods.

Julie xxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
Noms44
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:47 am 
Post subject: Re: starting IVF in feb 09
charb wrote:
Hi ladies,

would love some advice, I have just received all my paper work re: starting IVF. I have my first appointment in Feb 09. alittle nervous can anyone give me some advice.

Thanks Charb xxx

Hi Charb

I'm in the middle of IVF at the moment go in Wednesday for egg retrievel, no need to be nervous at all you will be fine just think positive and communicate to your partner thats the only thing they don't tell you when you go in that its though on your relationship so try talk to your partner on how you are feeling especially when your on your injections cause its tough enough doing that to yourself you need his support as he does yours, I learned that the hard way we failed are first IVF treatment and that was hard because we got so stressed over it all because we didn't know what was ahead of us so we just sat down one day and chatted the whole weeknd and cuddled up and was the best thing ever for both of us,I know that sounds soppy Embarassed but it really makes such a difference if you both know how your feeling. Wink The injections are fine no side effects really just bit bloated and tired but you can handle that all worth it in the long run hope I helped you a bit if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

Chat soon Charb

Noms x Very Happy
JANEYLOU
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:51 am 
Post subject:
good luck hun xxx hope all goes well for you both xxxxxxxxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
Dawnsy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:48 am 
Post subject:
What I am most scared about is that.. someone in my office not sure if they have been through it.. says that I won't be accepted because of my BMI i have never been at the BMI they have said, but I am strong fit and healthy..another person said if the bmi was an issue the doctor would have said..
Lizziej
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all,

Its been a while since I have been on. Trying to handle the emotional side of fertility and sometimes I just need to shut off.

I see that Cherb and I are most likely on the same IVF cycle if I have read correctly.

I saw my doctor on Monday Feb 2 for our first IVF appointment.

I am going on birth control for a little over a month- only taking the active pills. He wants to control my cycle.

On March 5th I begin with Lupron shots, and will have a baseline ultrasound, cervical cultures and blood work.

On March 17th- I stop the brith control active pills which will start AF. This same day I start stimulation treatment for Gonal, Follistim, mempur and Bravelle injections every day. He has me on 8 injections a day of these all at the same time.

Around March 25th it looks like they will harvest the eggs.

We are doing ICSI- where they actually inject the sperm into the egg in the dish rather than having the sperm try to get in themselves.

3 to 5 days later around April 1st- with assisted hatching they will place the embryos back inside me.

I should know if I am pregnant by April 22nd.

Would love to find some people who are on a cycle of IVF, to chat with as we go through this.

Little nervous about the Progesterone Injections. Dr. says that I will be doing the injections for the first two weeks and if my hormones are rising well he will put me onto a vaginal progesterone rather than the injectible.

Lizzie

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21d047
Dawnsy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:48 am 
Post subject:
All the best of luck I really hope this works for you.. I will let everyone know how the 25th goes..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular