autism

puss2
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:39 pm 
Post subject: autism
my son has autism. as he`s still young (2 1/2), they won`t know how severe it is until he grows older. he`s very delayed in his speech development (he hasn`t said his first word yet, not even 'dada'), he cannot communicate (he doesn`t point or indicate in any way), he has a very minimal attention span, no eye contact and much of the time, he doesn`t acknoledge things going on around him, it`s like he`s in his own little bubble. he does some clever things, however, like organising things into piles or lining up chairs in a row. he acts weirdly sometimes, for example, flicking his fingers and laughing at it, or having a tantrum because he doesn`t like walking on the lines in the pavements.
it would be nice to hear from people who have or are experiencing autism or development problems, stories, tips, advice, anything by people in the same boat.
sd77
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
I am a mum of 2 and a nursery nurse. Over the years I have come across many autistic children, every one of them different. Some like to spin things, bounce balls, repeat what they have heard at home or on tv. It is difficult to give you any advice only stick to your routines and don't make their autism an excuse for inappropriate behaviour, these children need boundaries. Hope this helps.x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular