Overweight and ttc???

Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:18 am 
Post subject: Overweight and ttc???
Hi girls

Just wondered whether there was anyone on here who is overweight and ttc or has had a baby in the past when have been overweight?

Im quite a lot over what I am supposed to be and am doing my best to lose some. I just dont want my weight to be the reason I cant conceive (and dont want the docs to use it as a reason if it takes me too long!)

Any of your stories would be gratefully received!!!

xoxoxoxoxo Luv n Hugs to all xoxoxoxoxoxox
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:59 am 
Post subject:
gl with losing ur weight hun im sure u will do great!!

my friend is very heavily overweight and she started trying the same time as i did and she concieved in 6 months. also my aunty was very overweight when she concieved her daughter aswell and she wasnt trying

i know they say your weight can affect you when ttc but dont be too disheartened because there is 2 cases of where it has proved u can be overweight and concieve plus there is no proof that being overweight makes u infertile so even if it takes u a bit longer im sure u will get there and hopefully it wont affect you at all and u will be pregnant sooner than u think.

ps dont let the docs put u down because of your weight or tell you that you wont concieve until u loss weight

i think it depends on everyone individually ive been trying for 10 months and im not overweight im not stick thin either lol but jst goes to show its different for everyone

xx
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:01 am 
Post subject:
Hi Casstia

I wanted to lose a bit of weight after new year. I wasn't lots over weight at 12 stone but want to lose a couple of stone. I couldn't be bothered with going to a diet club and I've never been on a proper structured diet before. So I done a bit of surfing and found the UK diet club which is all online. It's much cheaper than weight watchers etc and you weigh in on line every week. You can choose you menu for 7 days from a huge list of options and then it generates your shopping list which for me is ideal.

I work shifts so some weeks I just eat ready meals and some weeks I cook. In the first month I lost a stone and although I have mangaed to keep it off I haven't managed to lose anymore but apparently thats because I'm not eating enough.

You should give it a go. It's about 29 for 11 weeks which is much cheaper than other diet clubs and I think it's similar to tesco diets.
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:09 am 
Post subject:
hi, i'm very over weight i put so much weight on when i lost the baby comfort eating,i'v been trying and i am loosing but i have a long way to go... i was 12st 6lb when i feel with my youngest that was heavey for my height im only 5f 4in and 12st 6lb was the weight i was when i was full term with my older 2... hope this gives you hopex
KJ24
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:45 am 
Post subject:
Hi Casstia,

I'm rather overweight for my height too and I have been trying to conceive for almost 9 months now with no luck. But my sister is exactly the same weight and build as me and she conceived twice, the only advantage she had was being 4 inches taller than me.

There's hope for all of us.

Could someone take a look at my last post as I could do with some advice with my issue.

Thanks

Khiley
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:05 am 
Post subject:
KJ24 wrote:
Hi Casstia,

I'm rather overweight for my height too and I have been trying to conceive for almost 9 months now with no luck. But my sister is exactly the same weight and build as me and she conceived twice, the only advantage she had was being 4 inches taller than me.

There's hope for all of us.

Could someone take a look at my last post as I could do with some advice with my issue.

Thanks

Khiley

Which is your last post Khiley??
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:11 am 
Post subject:
There is hope....im overweight and am on my 4th pregnancy. Only one so far has gone full term but im told the other two ( miscarriage and ectopic both in 2006) were nothing to do with my size. I lost someweight after the ectopic but then gave up on concieving and looseing the weight. After christmas this year i decided to try looseing it again and i got caught pregnant in Feb im now into my 12th week.

Fingers crossed and positive thoughts for you and i hope you will concieve soon x
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:14 am 
Post subject:
Thanks guys. Its really great to hear some good news stories!! I appreciate that the healthier you are in terms of fitness and weight then the better chance you have but I dont want it to be the only reason im not a mummy yet!!! xoxoxox
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:24 am 
Post subject:
Hi Casstia, are u feeling anxious bout testing yet? im so impatient when are u planning on testing?

has anyone heard off honie yet? i hope she's okay.
i think someone else was due to test today but i cnt remember who, Confused

KJ24
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:25 am 
Post subject:
Hey Casstia,

My last post was in Mild Cramping?

Thanks

Hope you get a BFP this week!!

Kylie
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:33 am 
Post subject:
Hi jo

Im soooo nervous about testing!!! Thats why I dont know If i will be able to contain myself til Sunday!!!

Havent heard back from Honie today, dont think she's been on yet. There is also Sarah23 and ttc4buba1 who is testing this weekend too!

Jo (casstia)
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:48 am 
Post subject:
My testing day isnt untill 6th may...i havent even ovulated yet! Smile

Good luck 4 wen u decide 2 du the test, let us know what happens x

Ab1
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya
After reading all these posts i feel so much better.
I want to thank you all
I am over weight been ttc for 18months, ive been trying to lose weight as was thinking thats why we havent concieved. Gonna try not to get stressed about weight cos im sure stress is stopping too

good luck 2 every1
x Very Happy
Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hi AB1! Welcome to the forum!

Just wondered, if you have been trying for 18 months have you been to docs yet? Was just curious what they said as, like i said before, i can imagine my doctors to blame it on my weight as that seems to be all they ever talk about!

BTW ladies af came today......ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Sad
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:41 pm 
Post subject: hi
oh hun,sorry to hear that.how are you feeling about it?

don't think it's gonna be the month for us ladies this month(welI haven't tried yet but the way things are going for every body else,suggests I may not have much luck either!)

how was the footy btw?xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular