Overweight and ttc???

Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:46 pm 
Post subject: Re: hi
Squibby06 wrote:
oh hun,sorry to hear that.how are you feeling about it?

don't think it's gonna be the month for us ladies this month(welI haven't tried yet but the way things are going for every body else,suggests I may not have much luck either!)

how was the footy btw?xx

Well......can just start countdown all over again!! Glad Ive got my little ticker now cos that keeps reminding me!!

and as for footy.....real disappointment! Apparently there had been some sort of security breach and so they wouldnt let the lads sign autographs or have photos so I basically stood out in the cold for hours yesterday for nothing!! I think its safe so say thats the last time I'll be doing that one but thanks for asking babe!! xxx Very Happy
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:49 pm 
Post subject: hi
oh that's rubbish!did you at least get to see them play?

I agree about the ticker.it kind of helps in a way but mine feels like it is going slowly on purpose at the mo!

just think though,it's only a matter of 2 weeks at most and you can try again,it'll fly by hun.

xxx

Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:07 pm 
Post subject:
We did watch the game.....amongst loads of screaming 15 year old girls who, incidentally, were all dolled up to the eyeballs, wearing boob tubes and mini skirts (which me and my 36 year old sister found hilarious considering we had about 8 layers on each)!!!!

I am on a bit of a mission now for two weeks cos its safe to say it starts to get a bit "samey" after a while. So im off out this week buying candles and stuff....you never know....it might help!!!! xxx Wink
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:15 pm 
Post subject: hi
that's a really good idea.

obviously as I haven't started yet,I don't know what it is going to be like,I'm hoping that i get lucky this month but it helps to have tips.

I know my bf i finding it hard to understand why we have to do it on certain days but I explained and I think he gets it now!xx

millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Casstia. I was quite overweight when I had my daughter and very overweight with my son, but got pregnant in 2 months then 1 month. I have since lost a lot of weight but have had 2 miscarriages and am now pregnant with my 3rd. Although they say you should be a normal wieght, as long as you are fit in yourself I really don't think it makes a difference. Fingers crossed you concieve soon.

Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:05 pm 
Post subject:
millwallrose44 wrote:
Hi Casstia. I was quite overweight when I had my daughter and very overweight with my son, but got pregnant in 2 months then 1 month. I have since lost a lot of weight but have had 2 miscarriages and am now pregnant with my 3rd. Although they say you should be a normal wieght, as long as you are fit in yourself I really don't think it makes a difference. Fingers crossed you concieve soon.

Thanks Millwallrose. Its really helpful to know that other people have been in the same position as me and have still been able to conceive. I am trying to lose some weight but didnt want to focus too much on it and convince myself the weight was the only reason I wasnt conceiving.

Thanks so much xxx
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:20 pm 
Post subject:
Please don't obsess about your weight. The best advice I can give you is to try not too think about it too much. I know that sounds craxy, but just try to do the baby dance every 2ish days hopefully it won't take too long.

OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
Good advice millwallrose. Pupxx
millwallrose44
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:28 pm 
Post subject:
How are you coping Pup?

OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
Ok thanks millwallrose. Coming up to that ov time of the month, but shattered with my other two children, but must make effort, me to holding a few!! extra pounds but hey cant stress too much. How are you doing you have been through so much? pupx
EbonyL
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:49 pm 
Post subject: overweight and ttc
Hi,

I am overweight and currently ttc.
The only reason I know of having researchedhe overweight agenda, is that medical practitioners prefer you to be in fitter condition as possible due to the complications that can come with being overweight in labour. Apparently, the more overweight you are the more likely you are to need intervention during labour. This is not gospel its just, I would think a select few cases.
Also being overweight is 'supposed' to have a hinderance on ovulation, in that you can feel like you will release and egg and don't but still have your period, or what seems like a period, this is called anovulatory cycle. Saying that..you don't need to be overweight to have an anovulatory cycle.
I have been pregnant before and weighed 24st, so there is proof that you can be very overweight and conceive.
Remember being overweight does not mean that you are necessarily unhealthy, unfit yes, but unhealthy no.
So long as you eat a balanced diet of carbs, protein, fruit and veg, cut out the sugary foods and those saturated high in fat, start taking a multi vitamin as well as your folic acid everyday, you will be helping the situation tremendously.
Also exercise moderately, if you are not used to exercise do not exert yourself to the point where you are exhausted, your body will be busy adjusting to the exercise change rather than concentrating on having a healthy cycle. If you are used to working out quite hard then continue until you get the desired results.

I this month am waiting for the BFP, everything is looking good so far, ovulation was pin pointed accurately just through OPK decided not to chart this month as I can find that stressful, looking at the damn rises and falls, plus it is not accurate for showing which day you are going to ovulate on as you may miss the time frame in which the egg is most viable for fertilisation.
Take notice of your mucus and just enjoy having sex, at least every other day throughout the month.

Boobs are more swollen than they have ever been in all my life, and the tiredness sucks big time, AF is due no later than 24/04, so only a few more days to wait. Sore boobs and cramping have been there a few days after ovulation. normally only get tinglingy nipp's a couple days before AF, so trying not to read into it too much but along with the narly back ache I have I am hoping that this month there is a BFP.

Lots of baby dust to you, let me know how you get on!

Eboné
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular