Broken Sleep

Iisajane
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:32 pm 
Post subject: Broken Sleep
Hi everyone

I'm new here and was just wondering if any of you have had this issue.

My little girl Kennedy-Rae is 10 months and is now very much on the move crawling and pulling herself up using the sofa, my legs and generally anything thing else she can get her little hands on.

Before she started to crawl she was going right through the night no problem but now she sleeps for about an hour or so and then wake up maybe her little brain is running on overtime thinking of all the new things she can do she will eventually go back to sleep but as I have had to return to work I am just desperate for a nights sleep.

Has anyone got any tips for me please.

Take Care

Lisa
nikki2kids
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:43 am 
Post subject: me too
i am in the same boat except for the working part i just stay at home. well i have a 8mths and a 2year old who is nearly 3. they both wake up about 5 to 6 times in the night. my boy is a good sleeper it is just cause my baby wakes him up with the crying and he cant get back to sleep.
she goes down at night round 7pm on her own not much crying there but it is when i go to bed round 9.30pm just as i am about to get comfpy and drift of she wakes screamming i give her some milk and she goes back to bed then after that she will wake up heaps till 4am and will stay awake wkaing my boy too. so now i have 2 awake and my partner has to start work in 2 hours so of cause he gets grumpy and i pushed out of bed to go sleep somewhere else. i never used to have this problem she was a good sleeper when she was a baby it was not until she started to roll over crawl get teeth that she became dificult i get so tired at the end of the day that i cant even keep up with housework and cooking tea i am so stressed that my back and shoulders hurt and while im writing this it prob dont make sense for i am getting double vision and falling asleep and right now i cant sleep cause both kids are up playing.
sd77
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hi have you thought about doing controlled crying with your youngest. My daughter is older, nearly 2, but she had begun to have a really bad sleep pattern, not going to bed, waking often and as I work I really needed my sleep. We decided to do controlled crying, not really my thing but I was so tired! After 3 nights of crying she settled back into routine and now sleeps at least a 10 hour night! You have to be committed for it to work but its worth it. If she sleeps then your older child will hopefully sleep through too! Hope this helps.
nadee
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:33 am 
Post subject: broken sleep
Oh dear i thought i'm the only mother who is having this problem. Poor u have to look after 2 kids Sad . I have only one girl she is 12 months. From last few weeks she also gets up after 3am and pullsand kicks my hubby and me. Since he has to go for work in the morning i soon take her out from the bed. I try to make her sleep but she starts screaming n crying. so i give up coz i don't want to disturb my hubby. Me too having a very bad time.
Well am an asian housewife. I have a lot to do in the kitchen. Such as cooking rice and 2, 3 curries for lunch and making dinner. Its take lots of time and its a really hard work. After that other thing like cleaning, washing cloths blaaa blaa blaaa.. I am very tired with all these. I feel so pathetic. SOO SORRY MY FRIEND I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY TO U COZ AM IN THE SAME BOAT. But try to keep her awake till late night n give her some milk n make her to sleep.Just have a try. I wish it will work out with u. All the best.
donnac5109
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
it is quite difficult when sleeping in the same room as a baby. my little boy started waking up at night because he used to roll over on his front like you said i used to pick him up and put him in our bed to go to sleep, i got so used to it i did it in my sleep!. me and my boyfriend have resorted to sleeping in the front room and this has worked more as we dont wake him up when we go to bed. also you may get more sleep if you have another room to sleep in try this because you cant here your baby so much. and if they cry to bad you will still here them and wake up. then once they have started sleeping for a couple of weeks try sleeping back in the room agaain. i know its quite hard with the thousands of chores but doing 1 extra 1 ( bathing the baby before bed time) really helped with me. its relaxing then he has some milk and goes straight to sleep. sometimes (when there a bit older and ruduced in cot death) just let them sleep on there front and there be a lot more happyer. also dont feed them milk at night once they get older as this will let them think that they will get it all the time and will be hungry at night. (if you have breakfast every morning you wake up feeling hungry). as well as this try not to pick them up as this wants them to be picked up in the middle of the night. you could try swaddling them or being more and more further from them each night, sometimes being there makes them want to wake up. and last of all routine! routine! it does really work

Jump to:  

Community

Popular