Older mums TTC

Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:13 pm 
Post subject: Older mums TTC
Hey all you erm older mums or mums to be who are TTC!!! After reading the younger mums post I thought I would see how many of us are over 35ish? I just turned 40 this year and have 2 girls one is 14 in May and the other is 10. Me and the OH have only been trying for 2 months, AF arrived last wednesday bummer! Just really hoping that it will work for me as I only recently decided with my OH to try again. For the last few years it was never an issue then all of a sudden the old body clock started ticking loudly lol. I have chatted to a couple of others Flossie who is my age and already PG, also startingagain and pup who like me are ttc, anyone else out there trying or already pg with some positive vibes to give us?? Smile

Helz xx
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
Hi helz noticed you mentioned me, just a month till Im 35. Ive slid in to the mature mums bracket!!. How are you doing today? Going off the thread I know , but just thought I would check in and see how you are.? Think Im feeling my age as my Ds was 10 on Friday!! pupxx
Dory
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hi helz, hope you all get a bfp real soon... hope this gives you hope i started again at 40 after being a single mum for 13years i met and married my husband we started trying and got lucky we have 22 month old son Rhys..we got a bfp on thursday after trying for 6 months..not out of the woods though just holding our breath that nothing goes wrong and we get another baby as great as our wee boy..good luck and lots of hugs to you and all the girls in hear x
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:25 pm 
Post subject:
Good news Dory. Good luck to you. Pupxx
Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi pup sorry didn't mean to drag you into the older mums bracket, just remembered having stuff in common with you lol! you are as old as the man you feel which makes me 30 ha ha!! My hubby is also my toyboy (hate that saying but can't think of another at the mo)!!

Well Dory it looks like there is hope for us all by your story, thanks for sharing that with me lets hope I can be as lucky as you. I am actually quite shocked at myself and what I want after all the years I have said I didn't want to go through that again. (the birth etc I mean but thats another story)!

Helz xx
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:56 pm 
Post subject:
Dont apologise Helz. Iam what I am. My DH thinks it quite funny when I told him and has now decided to call me the old girl!! Well heres to us slightly more mature ladies Laughing Lets hope for BFPs soon. My children cant wait for a sibling and I think they will appreciate now they are a bit older. Lucky you with the toyboy. Enjoy!!!! Pupx
Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:06 pm 
Post subject:
yeah my feelings exactly, I am also what I am, its so hard tho when you want it to happen quickly i am so impatient but it hasn't been that long ttc so i shouldn't worry yet i suppose. Lets hope it happens for us all this time fingers crossed Wink

Helz xx
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:13 pm 
Post subject:
On a positive note my friend has just given birth to her 4th child. She is almost 41. She has 3 boys aged 10, 6 and 3 ( The older two by her ex-husband). Her new partner has two boys the same age as her two older. Fantastic and encouraging is she has just given birth to a baby girl Rachel. Brought a tear to my eye.!! Good luck all. Pupxx
Helz123
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
aah thats good news and even more encouraging for me the old one!! Didn't she pinch your fave girl name tho?? I'm sure you will think of another, I have lots in mind for girls but hardly any for boys?? I just think if it happens I'm bound to have another girl but guess you never know eh.

Helz xx
Dory
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:10 am 
Post subject:
Hi helz looks like we have a great deal in common my hubby is 10yrs my junior too, I never thought in a million years i would want let alone have another baby can't believe he talked me into a second, but i have to say i have enjoyed being a mummy more this time and my older kids love my wee one to bits...Good luck lots of baby dust keep trying...Pup good luck and baby dust to you too..x
startingagain
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:36 am 
Post subject:
Hi Helz, Pup and Dory,

Better late than never, sorry not logged on since Sat a.m. been busy putting the finishing touches to the kitchen Finally !! Please take my advice don't renovate a house while living in it with 3 kids, it's a nightmare and takes 4 times as long !!

Anyway for Pup and Dory, I have a toyboy and 3 older children from a previous marriage, I'm 38 and have my sterilisation reversed in Feb, on our 2nd month of trying and I OV today so BD yesterday, today and tomorrow.

I found an article which made a lot of sense ( now I have to think about it, it doesn't just happen ) . No BD from 3 days before OV, then BD the day before, day of and day after OV . Only once per day , because each time the swimmers get weaker so need a day to reproduce !! Also following your 3 days BD you stop for 3 days again. This is because the swimmers live for 3 days and you want young ones to reach the egg.Also after you want the egg to be young when the swimmers reach it .

We added our own bit 1st thing in the morning because male hormones are naturally higher then. I OV today so tomorrows the last day till the week end ( It's killing us Laughing Embarassed !!! )

Loads of luck and baby dust Donna x
Dory
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:25 am 
Post subject:
Hi Donna, thats great news, good luck hope you had a nice rest after the bd this morning,when i ovulated this month we to did our bd on the day of ov and got the result woohoo but still scared it will all go wrong.. i'v been checking my cervix this last couple of months in the morning after my shower and it stays high if you get pg and if you are like me and hate the tww this method does work, i'm still high .
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:08 am 
Post subject:
Fingers crossed for you ladies!! Dory can I ask about cervix position, its just I am new to shall we say detecting it and woundered can you tell when you are due to ov by how it is or just by EWCM. Getting very personal I know but hope you dont mind.? Pupx
Dory
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:55 am 
Post subject:
Hi Pup, yes you can tell when you are due to ovulate,this a very personal thing and not everyone would want to do it but i got to the stage i was desperate so i hadn't tried this though what the heck it cant hurt to give it a go, started straight after period had finished, clean fingers thats why after the shower is best i think,found it no problem hard and low as you get closer to ovulation it gets softer and higher to be honest when i get to day of ovulation i cant feel it anymore for that 1 day then it comes down a wee bit and i can just and no more feel it again. if your not preggers it comes back down to its low position about 5/6 days before af comes on if you are then it stays high and closed...Hope this helps x
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:58 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Dory, explained very well. I will try and so sorry again asking personal info, its just something Im sure my male 30 something Doctor may be relieved I havent asked him. Although Im sure he would have tried to explain. Embarassed Pupx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to:  

Community

Popular