Advice Needed

Mel19
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:14 pm 
Post subject: Advice Needed
Hi all, I'm new to this website. I was wondering if anyone has been in this situation or could give advice.

I have 3 children, my baby's father and I are in a relationship but I live on my own, we do not live together as he has his own house. I am not with the father of my first two children and do not know his whereabouts.

I recently applied for income support and was advised to do so as a lone parent. I've waited and have been messed around by them for 3 long months; only for them to turn around and say that I am not entitled to income support as I have a partner. They said, even though we don't live together it's seen as an income coming in for myself. I explained to them that my partner is only supporting 'his' child and I cannot expect him to support my other two and that I don't work (as I had to stop due to the baby being born) and don't have an income coming in. I also explained that he supports the child by providing clothes etc. He does not pay my bills etc.

I intend to appeal against this decision but I need advice.

Many thanks.
bloominglovely
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:17 am 
Post subject:
have you tried working families tax credit? my partner works full time so im not entitled to any benefits, but we where entitled to working family tax credit and child tax credit, which really bumps up his wages and gives me a weekly income too. try it.
Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:01 pm 
Post subject:
If your boyfriend doesnt live with you and doesnt pay your bills or for your food then you are classed as a lone parent.

when you made your new claim they should have asked you to complete a cs1 form. This allows you to give all the info you have on absent parents. they should have also made a statement with you in regards to what your current boyfriend puts towards his child. They should only class you as a couple if you have declared him as your partner on your claim as when you input all partner details on your paper work you will be classed as a couple and any income you state he earns would be regarded as household income. You can tell them you have a boyfriend in the statment part of your claim but should not fill any forms in with all his details as this would be misconstrued as a couple.
RAERAE
Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:35 pm 
Post subject: BENEFITS
if you need any more help just gimme a shout, i work @ jobcentre plus.xx
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:53 am 
Post subject: they are scum
they dont help me either i get 4 dollars a week theres nothing u can do if they find reason not to pay u they wont. u may as well lie and say you's aren't together at all
Mel19
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:36 pm 
Post subject: Benefits
Thx RaeRae!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular