Period confusion and some discharge......

MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:49 pm 
Post subject: Period confusion and some discharge......
Ok so this is going to be a bit yucky but im confused lol!
I was breast feeding Frey so only had my first period since giving birth last month, I know this is normal. A day before my periods kicked back in I passed a big jelly like lump of discharge. It looked like a mucus plug Confused When I went into labour with Frey I never passed any jelly mucus, my plug was pure blood. So my first question is, could that of been my plug that I didnt pass or some thing else?!?
Then my second question is I was due on yesterday and havent come on yet, Im normally dead regular, being pregnant is defo out of the question right now lol So are the periods after giving birth a little over the place cos your body is not used to having them for so long?
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
Tee hee after re-reading my post I have come to the rational conclusion that, that the jelly discharge could not of been the plug cos then Frey wouldn't of come out, or would she?
Oh my god Im so confused!!!!!! Confused Embarassed Rolling Eyes Laughing
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:52 am 
Post subject:
Hi Tracie, I've also passed some odd looking jelly like stuff and lots of clots too since having Luke and my periods are definitely all over the place (I didn't breast feed). Even though he is 9mths old there is no pattern to my periods at all (I'm over a week late and am def not pregnant). I thought a pattern was appearing but alas no!
TBH i have not been as regular since having Isabelle almost 5 years ago, which is why I didn't realise I was pregnant with Luke. Since having Isabelle I could go anything from 3 weeks to 9 weeks in between Confused Saw the doctor in Jan 07 and had a scan which was inconclusive, no apparant reason.

Before I had either of them I was every 4 weeks withun the hour Confused Confused

Sorry if I've not helped, but you're not alone. x
MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:40 am 
Post subject:
No, you have helped cos at least now I know Im normal Laughing
Ok thanks, I just liked the fact that I knew when my period was coming, I hate suprises Laughing
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:44 am 
Post subject:
yeah im not going to be much help either ... ive had loads of yucky stuff come out around the time of my period lately its quite gross really lol...

my periods are all over the place too ive had 3 since andrew and between the 1 after the post partum bleed andthe second there was 27days and between that 1 and my last i think there was about 29or30 days i know they arent massively all over the place BUT before getting pregnant with andrew i was like clockwork 28days so its very confusing for me. but like minimika said ur not alone Very Happy

ps i doubt that it was ur plug Very Happy surely if it didnt come out as a show it prob would have come out during birth or with all the lochia (sp) after birth? i might be wrong but thats just my opinion Very Happy
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:15 am 
Post subject:
hey Tracie

I had the same hun. I think its just cos tehre's so much build up by the time you have a period lol. I've no idea how long it takes to settle down though, cos mine were still pretty haywire when I got pregnant again lol.

Anna
xx
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:14 am 
Post subject:
wriggler2008 wrote:
ps i doubt that it was ur plug Very Happy surely if it didnt come out as a show it prob would have come out during birth or with all the lochia (sp) after birth? i might be wrong but thats just my opinion Very Happy

Lol yeah I came to that conclusion after I posted Embarassed Laughing

Thanks for the reassurances that Im not alone though Very Happy

P.s Devonmum, congrats on the little girl, just noticed your ticker Very Happy
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
Isabelle was 3 and a half when I got pregnant again and mine didn't settle down at all during those years.

Maybe try a form of contraception to regulate your cycle, that;s what my doctor suggested.

Oh the joys of being female Smile
MummyAndPeppaPig
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Mini Mika, I dont really know what contraception I can take as I react to the pill so the doc wont give me the injection in case I have trouble with that and its in my body until three months!!
I suppose I just have to take an emergency spuly of sanitary towels around with me just in case!!!
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:55 pm 
Post subject:
thanks Tracie Very Happy

it might be worth going to your local FP clinic, and seeing if they have someone who does natural family planning coaching. Although mine felt all over the shop, once I started charting and temperature taking etc it was actually fairly predictable.

Anna
xx

p.s. when I said to my GP I was doing natural fp, he said "what do you call a woman using natural family planning? Mum". His idea of a little joke lol.
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:14 am 
Post subject:
Lol at your doc!!
I may have a look into that, thanks.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular