Ovulation - Confused as my timing is NOT regular

hidy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:29 pm 
Post subject: Ovulation - Confused as my timing is NOT regular
Hi, I wonder if any of u hav had the same problem?

I had a period on 31st March and was expectign to ovualte 14 days later on the 14th April 2008.

Instead I ovulated on the 18 and 19th April??

last month I ovualted on the 17th March 2008, after ahvigna perios on the 4th March???

I guess im better of with a ovulation predictor kit hey?
Cazza9
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Hidy,

I'm also not regular, it's a nightmare trying to work out best time. Have you been on th pill previously as that can play havoc with your body after coming off.

I guess Ovulation kits are the best way to go but I think they are quite expensive. I have started charting my BBT temps to try and work out a pattern to my cycle. This will only tell you after you have ovulated, but maybe after 2-3 months of charting you will work out a pattern.

I guess if you are doing the baby dance regulary a approx a week before you expect to ovulate you should be covered. Sperm stay alive in your body for at least 5 days.

x
rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
fromwhat i can see cazza (but im no expert) youre ovulating at the right time, its 14 days before your af is due and not 14 days after af. it is confusing and its took me a few months to get to grips with it, so to speak Embarassed Laughing hope im of some help. xxx
rosie36
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:56 pm 
Post subject:
rosie36 wrote:
fromwhat i can see cazza (but im no expert) youre ovulating at the right time, its 14 days before your af is due and not 14 days after af. it is confusing and its took me a few months to get to grips with it, so to speak Embarassed Laughing hope im of some help. xxx
sorry, i meant hidy not cazza, hi to cazza anyway! he he Embarassed xx
jenniP35
Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

Your luteal phase (between ov and af ) is usually always the same but not always 14 days. Mine last one was 11 days but I haven't had regular periods or been charting long enough to know if this is always the case Smile

Jump to:  

Community

Popular