getting pregnant after sterlisation reversal

bambam1
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:24 am 
Post subject: getting pregnant after sterlisation reversal
Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all well and had a good xmas,

Can any of you experts help me please with trying to track my cycle/ovulation. Laughing I know sounds stupid as I already have three kids, but never had to try very hard before I was sterlised.

I had a af straight after my reversal, 27th Nov, I've just started my af today.. Not sure how I work out how many days in my cycle? do you count from the first day of your last period to the start of the next, i.e today?

When do I start testing for ovulution, most sites say 14 days after the first day of your af, done this last month on the days it said I sould have been ovulating and I was'nt? some months my cycle can be a little unpredictable not sure what day to start using the test sticks from?

Many thanks for your help

Lisa x
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:48 am 
Post subject:
Hi Bambam,

First day of cycle is first day of af with flow - not spotting. You can't count it after 5pm. So for example, you start spotting at midday, then start flow that needs pad at 6pm - so 1st day of af would count from the following day.

Depending on the av length of your cycle it depends when you start with your opk's. Mine is 26, so i start from day 11 (cos i usually O on day 13, +opk on day 12)

If youre not sure how long your cycle is best get some cheap opks off ebay, and start testing twice a day (about 12pm and 6pm) from day 11. Not everyone has a 28 day cycle and if you dont test until day 14 you may miss your LH surge.

Hope this helps,

Julie xxx

Our baby Eleanor lost 6 Apr 10
bubbleworth
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:51 am 
Post subject: ge
HI LDAIES FOR ALL OF U WHO AV HAD AN OPERATION REVERSAL I JUST WANT TO WISH U THE BEST OF LUK.AND HOPEFULLY U WILL AL GET A BFP COS U ALL DESREVE IT. GUD LUK LADIES I HAVE EVERYTHING CROSSED FOR U.
bambam1
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:24 pm 
Post subject:
[quote="JulieWoo"]Hi Bambam,

First day of cycle is first day of af with flow - not spotting. You can't count it after 5pm. So for example, you start spotting at midday, then start flow that needs pad at 6pm - so 1st day of af would count from the following day.

Depending on the av length of your cycle it depends when you start with your opk's. Mine is 26, so i start from day 11 (cos i usually O on day 13, +opk on day 12)

If youre not sure how long your cycle is best get some cheap opks off ebay, and start testing twice a day (about 12pm and 6pm) from day 11. Not everyone has a 28 day cycle and if you dont test until day 14 you may miss your LH surge.

Hope this helps,

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your response, it's really helpful, Laughing

just to confirm my af started early this morning and is quite heavy do I count day 1 as today? already got some cheap opks hiding in my draw so will start testing from day 11 Laughing

I must of missed my ov last month as i was going by a calander on the internet and testing first thing in the morning. Sad I think my cycle is roughly 31 days so I'm sure my ov won't be till bout day 16, I will keep testing till I hopefully see a smiley face. Laughing

thanks again

Lisa

PS: just shows how much I took my fertily for granted before i was sterlised. Exclamation
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Bambam,

Yes today will be classed as day 1. You shouldn't test first thing in the morning cos LH synthesises in your body overnight and doesn't show up in your urine till lunchtime.

I know what you mean about taking fertility to granted. Loks like i'm out for another month. I wonder how long this will take?!

Julie xxx

bambam1
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jules,
Thanks again Laughing How long have you been trying?

To be honest i'm sure the problem is because we all want it so badly, i know it is easy to say but I think if we just let nature take it's course and not map fertilty etc it will happen. Laughing

Stress plays a massive part in not conceiving, for instance my friend has been trying for two years, (she was not sterlised), just slighly older now, but coz she was relazed she conceived her two daughters without any problems at all, she is now having hypnotherapy to try and help her relax more and hopefullt conceive..

When I fell pregnant for my daughter and son I was completely chilled about it, fell pregnant with both literally straight away and I had just come off the pill.

But I could be completely wrong I'm sure it's more differcult for us as we had surgery?? I find it hard to not log in to this site every day, hoping for one of us to say we are pregnant Laughing so I sure you could say i am also obsessed .

Sorry not trying to be negative, I just tell myself I am lucky to have the three healthy kids i've got but will hope that we can be blessed with another Laughing

Take care

Lisa x
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:54 am 
Post subject:
Hi Lisa,

Ive only been trying since September, But it feels like a lifetime! Shocked (4 cycles).
If no joy by feb GP says he will book me in for HSG in March/April to check tubes are clear. Then will be clomid probably (but have had it before and didn't like it)

Just turned 38 and things arent as easy as when i was 30! I too never had a problem conceiving - even did IVF at 34 before had my tubes untied and it worked first time.

OH says never mind at least we can have another fun month of trying Laughing
Well i suppose its ok it didn't hapen this month as have had a few tipples over the Christmas period, but not been drunk.

Happy holidays Very Happy

Julie xxxx

bambam1
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:53 pm 
Post subject:
4 cycles is not long to be trying, i'm sure it will happen soon Laughing

Sorry this may seem like a stupid question but it's all new to me, why would you need Clomid if you are ovulating? Do you need to ask for a HSG test after a certain amount of time trying?

Lisa Laughing
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lisa,

I often have a short LP (10 days sometimes) and clomid can help. Also as i'm 38 time is not on my side, so hopefully i can grow one follicle on each ovary at the same time, which should help if one of my tubes is blocked. So i get a chance every month, instead of every 2 months. Chances of twins are about 10%, but i did IVF with 2 embryo's put back and only had one baby at 34, so chances of twins are slim.

GP said he will book me in after 6 months to check tubes not blocked. Sooner would just risk infection, and nor be conclusive. Dr Berger (who did my op) has asked to review my films after HSG. He has seen thousands and would be able to give a better idea.

Julie xxxxxx

bambam1
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:36 am 
Post subject:
JulieWoo wrote:
Hi Bambam,

Hope this helps,

Hi Julie,

Hope you are well,

Can you give me some advise please? I started testing for ov from day 10 as you advised, I'm now on day 12 and have 2 lines on the opk stick, (the second being fainter than the first) does this mean that I am ov now? do I carry on testing up to day 14? slighly confused as I though I would ov later in cycle as I usally have a 30 day cycle. Confused

Many thanks for you help

Much appreciated Laughing Laughing

Lisa xxx

Julie xxx
JulieWoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lisa,

if you have 2 lines it means it is starting to detect your LH surge, but it has not peaked. What you are looking for is 2 lines the same (although i dont always get this) if you test again this afternoon, chances are it will be darker and you will prob ov tmrw night or the next morning - so go get to it Laughing

Julie xxx

bambam1
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:19 am 
Post subject:
bambam1 wrote:
JulieWoo wrote:
Hi Bambam,

Hope this helps,

Hi Julie,

I carried on testing with opk sticks and got 2 lines for 5 days running which I thought was wierd! (has anyone experienced this?) do you know how long the LH surge lasts for? also a bit worried I may have missed my ov as I had sex on the tuesday 6th/wed 7th, no intercourse on the 8th and 9th, (8th being when i got the first positive lines on the opk) than had intercourse on Sat 10th and Sunday 11th. Ii know it's differcult to know exactly when I ov but do you think I could of missed it as i did'nt have intercourse on the thurs or Friday?

Thanks again

Lisa x Smile

Hi Julie,

Hope you are well,

Can you give me some advise please? I started testing for ov from day 10 as you advised, I'm now on day 12 and have 2 lines on the opk stick, (the second being fainter than the first) does this mean that I am ov now? do I carry on testing up to day 14? slighly confused as I though I would ov later in cycle as I usally have a 30 day cycle. Confused

Many thanks for you help

Much appreciated Laughing Laughing

Lisa xxx

Julie xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular