C Section scar

Annika
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:25 pm 
Post subject: C Section scar
Hi, just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. I had a c section 8 months ago and unfortunately I know have a raised keloid scar (luckily it's in my bikini area tho). I wondered if anyone else had suffered this and had come across anything to reduce it, it's pretty tender and apparently will not go alone!!!!! I have found silicon tapes etc but the are SO EXPENSIVE which is why I thought I'd post here first, hopefully someone will have some ideas.

Thanks.

Annika
xmcnickyx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am 
Post subject:
I have a scar on my face from surgery which is keloid

I had a couple of surgeries to cut the scar out but they didn't work and was given steroid cream which also didn't work. In the end I had steroids injected into it which reduced the bumpiness. It's no longer raised but it is still a really wide scar which is better.

Have you asked your doctor about it? I think I was referred to a plastic surgeon about mine who sorted it out.
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:32 pm 
Post subject:
Unfortunately I get a very negative response from the doctor as they think I am complaining for cosmetic reasons.... I am not, no one can see it, it just hurts so I want to know what can be done. They have basically told me that I need to put up with it, nice attitude hey!!!! THe tape is so expensive but guess I will have to bit the bullet and give it a whirl!!!

Thanks for your response though.... I will persevere with the NHS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular