How can I get my body to ovulate?

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:44 am 
Post subject: How can I get my body to ovulate?
Hi girls. Are there any foods / drinks / natural meds that I can take to help my body to ovulate? I'm not sure its happening.... and don't really want to take any "real" medicine for it yet. Do you know of anything that will help me to ovulate? Ta. x

bert666
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:51 am 
Post subject:
Hi Sweetpea,
Have you tried Agnus Castus? I don't know the full details of what is does (ie- if it helps you to ovulate or just brings ovulation forward...) but it may well help? I'm sure someone on here knows more about Agnus and can add to my post to hopefully help you... xx
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:43 am 
Post subject:
Hi there,
Do you know your not ovulating?I found out i wasnt ovulating this month though my clearblue monitor usally the cause of not ouvlating is a hormal imbalance , i know how you feel about the not taking medicine am choosing not to too am just gonna let mine happen naturally.Good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EarthAngelMama
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:57 am 
Post subject:
agnus castus is supposed to really help.

not ovulating tends to be due to a hormonal imbalance. due to too much eostrogen being produce (which is in the system up until ov) and not enough proestrogen (which helps stimulate the follicle into releasing the egg).

agnus castus helps the pituartary gland produce preostrogen. so this helps the hormal disbalance into rebalancing itself. it is also used to help pms symptoms and help regulate the cycle.

i only know so much because i was told last month byt the doctor i wasnt ovulating so i researched it and found all this out. so i ordered my agnus castus ready to start taking next cycle only to find out i am now actually pregnant and what was causing my hormonal imbalance was actually a pregnacare conception suppliment i was taking. this month was the first month not taking it and i fell pregnant.

but agnus castus is a very good thing to use. its 100% natural and has been used for hundreds of years. on the forums for babyexpert.co.uk there are alot of women on there who have had nothing but good results using it.

ive just got a pot full of them with no use for them now lol. i was going to start taking them as soon as they arrived but something told me to wait til my next cycle and im glad i did cos its turned out i dont need them. (there are quite a few rumours going round that it can cause uterine contractions so leading to m/c) so its best to take them for 1 full cycle them chart your temps and as soon as you get the dip and rise in your temps stop taking them til your next period.

hope that helps

Rachel xxx
Monkey 3 04/11/11 (Girl)
jamieleigh
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
hey hun i dunno what can help to ovulate all i can suggest is have a healthy and balanced diet,drink plenty of water and reduce your alchol and caffiene consumption.

and agnus cuctus doesnt make u ovulate hun that just helps to regulate cycles more hope it all worka out hun xxx
sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:35 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks girls. We were given until Jan to fall preg by my gynae, but we both want to try until end Mar and if not preg then go back to gynae and start....... I don't know what, but I suppose checking to see if I ovulate or not (I'm only guessing I don't cos my chart has told me twice now that I didn't ovulate) and all that stuff. Really hoping it just happens naturally. I'm eating healthy and trying my best to get some exercise in. I drink decaf coffee now (for ages), but still have 1 cup of PG tips a day. Do you think that will be a problem? x

jamieleigh
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:43 pm 
Post subject:
well good ck hun i am sure your fine if u r unsure though then see you gp hun and ask if u can have 21 day bloods this will confirm if u r ovulating or not xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular