Nap times

nmoore
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:29 am 
Post subject: Nap times
at what age do they grow out of needing a nap, I ask because my daughter doesnt always seam to need a nap, shes 2 next month is this to early to stop lunch time naps, or should i give it a try anyway as she doesnt seam to need them.

also she goes to bed at night at 730 and doesnt wake up the next morning till 10am. she has always slept so long gets it from her dad, her normal lunch time naps used to bed 3 hours, as i would just leave her till she wakes up natually
joshlibmum
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:37 pm 
Post subject: nap time
I stopped my sons naps when he started nursery but as soon as he got home he would collapse hes now at school and if hes not slept well during the night he comes home and trys to fall asleep but i dont let him as hed not sleep at night, but a friend of mine says her son hasnt needed an afternoon nap since he was 2 all children are different and if your daughters fine not having a nap then dont give her one

your lucky your daughter likes her sleep so much my 5 yr old still wakes at night taking turns with my 6 mth old
nmoore
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
yeah my little girl takes after her dad for that. Laughing

But at least i get a good night sleep too.
thanks for your help i guess ill stop utting her down for an afternoon nap now.

Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:40 pm 
Post subject:
hiya,well my nephew is 2 1/2 and he still has a nap in the afternoons so not really sure,may be about 3?x

OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:52 pm 
Post subject:
When ever she is ready. You DD sleeps a very long night so I wouldnt worry. My 2 started naps again when they started pre-school. Working at a pre-school myself I find most stop at two to two and a half, depending on how well they sleep at night. Just go with the flow. When I was a nanny they little ones were generally about that age. some days no nap some days they did. Gd Luck Pupx
nmoore
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:05 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for your advice, Today she only had a ten min nap so i defenatly think she doesnt need one now.

Lucymama
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi,
I'm a newbie I hope you don't mind me replying. I would just go with whatever you daughter wants. If seems like she's reducing them herself so that's the best thing.
It's quite normal for them to nap until over 3 yrs I think.

Kelly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular