Potty training

Suzan1
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:25 pm 
Post subject: Potty training
My Son is 2 years and one month, We have just started potty training and he is doing very well with the wees but pooing is another story.
When in nappies he hides behind a door, curtain or goes to another room to do it, and if there is nowhere to go he covers his eyes.
He is also always standing when he does this. Trying to get him to poo on the potty is a nightmere he just wont do it. He does not want me in the room with him and if i leave him and potty in the bathroom he just poos where he is.
Has anyone had a similar problem.
Because i know when he is going to poo i have to put a nappy on quickley, any suggestions. Laughing
Katy218
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there, i've heard of other people that have had this problem. They almost feel ashamed of doing a poo, or don't want to do it in public. Have you tried putting the potty behind the curtain/under the table with him so he can hide and do it. Failing that does he use the toilet at all. Once he's settled on the toilet, leave him for a minute and see what happens.
Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular