Sorry but way TMI but advice please

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:28 pm 
Post subject: Sorry but way TMI but advice please
Hi all, sorry this is a little graphic but I hope someone has some advice!! Its been over 14mnth since I had Hunter and it was by C Sec so I cant understand why I have this mental block about using tampons or having sex. Everytime I try and use a tampon it hurts and then I freak out when its time to change, I cant even look at the things anymore. As for having sex, I couldnt think of anything worse. My feelings havent changed for my OH, its just the thought of having anything up there Embarassed sorry but not sure of how else to say that!! I could understand if I had a ruff natural delivery but he didnt even come out that way!!!
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:26 am 
Post subject:
maybe speak to your GP. i had a normal v delivery- no need for any equipment or stitches, and it was quick- very little pain relief but i only managed to had sex very recently(SORRY- tmi). The birth of my son was 10 and a half mnth old when i managed to do it. It defo all in the head- i was so sure it would hurt- it was a bit uncomfortable at first, but was fine after a few seconds. I was so sure i would kick him off, and refuse to do it again, but once i made that first step, all was ok. Maybe you need to just go for it- do it and see... you never know. Good luck
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:37 am 
Post subject:
sophie2008 wrote:
....Maybe you need to just go for it- do it and see... you never know. Good luck

Laughing Thats exactly what my OH would want to hear!! Laughing Just the thort of trying makes me want to chain my knees together!!! Laughing Im thinking it because I really dont want to get preg again and the most reliable way not to is to put on a big iron pair of knickers, anyone know where i can get those?????
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:01 am 
Post subject:
here you go huntermac, all you need to keep the hubby out! Laughing

http://www.extremerestraints.com/strict-leather-womens-locking-chastity-belt_1181.html

seriously though, i'd say a nice relaxing bubble bath, a nice massage off the hubby, lots of lube and who knows...you might get there in the end! if you're so worried about getting pregnant again i'd say double up on contraception...at least you can be assured there's no(or very very little) chance of pregnancy

as for the tampons, i don't have a clue! been doing a little research and apparently it's a very common problem(even after a c-section) but can't find why so i', not really much help there!

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:46 am 
Post subject:
kenty wrote:
here you go huntermac, all you need to keep the hubby out! Laughing

http://www.extremerestraints.com/strict-leather-womens-locking-chastity-belt_1181.html

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Kenty thats just FUNNY!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

as for the tampons, i don't have a clue! been doing a little research and apparently it's a very common problem(even after a c-section) but can't find why so i', not really much help there!

Very glad to hear its normal bout the whole tampon thing though!! I spose everything takes time Confused
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:03 am 
Post subject:
hey hunter (nice to hear from you btw Very Happy)

I'd say your probably right in thinking its because of fear of having another baby. Don't underestimate the mental scars from the PND after Hunter, plus all the fun extra [*@!#%*] you had to deal with at the time!!!

See your doctor and make sure you have contraception that you are confident with (for me after this baby its gonna be back on the pill I think!!). Then wen Hunter's in bed, chill out with a nice film and a bottle of wine with hubby and just go for it - there's no way you'll relax unless you KNOW you aren't geting pregnant though, so its possibly also worth planning it for an infertlie time of the month, just to be doubly safe!!

Anna
xxx
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:12 am 
Post subject:
DevonMum wrote:
hey hunter (nice to hear from you btw Very Happy)
Then wen Hunter's in bed, chill out with a nice film and a bottle of wine with hubby and just go for it -
Anna
xxx

Its funny a, we dont put enough time aside for ourselves and partners after babe is born. No wonder relationships can get a little strained. I just told oh what we were talking about and I think he is a little shocked at how we discuss anything Laughing Laughing
Thanks Anna, maybe its time oh and I did something nice just for ourselves....alone!! Babysitter time I think............. Smile
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:12 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for all your replys and I followed your advice and just went with the flow of things and took it slowly............ Very Happy Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed hehehehe
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:19 am 
Post subject:
ooooooooo

grats my dear Very Happy was it OK? I hope you practised safe sex... Laughing Laughing (now I really sound like my mum)
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:13 am 
Post subject:
Laughing Laughing Safe? Whats that? Laughing Laughing Because we are so used to NOT being able to get preg we have never been safe while being together!!
HAHAHAHA I just had an awful thought.....imagine if I had to add an xtra 'ticker'..............!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:03 am 
Post subject:
indeed - just look at me and wriggler's signatures and you'll see exactly how dangerous it can be Wink

don't forget hun - I was the same as you, took FOREVER to get pg with Isaac. Took half a bottle of wine and about 10 minutes for this one Wink don't say I didn't warn you Laughing

seriosuly though - really glad to hear you've jumped the hurdle - its one less thing to feel pressured and worried about. You're actually sounding a bit more like your old self in posts lately - is the PND under control now?

Anna
xx
Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:39 am 
Post subject:
Yea PND not bad now ta. I take my 'anti jekel n hyde' pills every morning which has helped alot Very Happy Thanks for asking Wink Hunter has been happier since he started walking too which makes a huge difference!!!!!! You have made me think bot not getting preg too, you really didnt have to try with the 2nd? O dear, maybe its too late for me already!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing If i am you will see a forum titled " notice anything different" and there will be my new ticker Shocked Shocked Shocked O well, whatcha gona do a.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular