screaming car rides

JosiahsMummy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:30 am 
Post subject: screaming car rides
hi there,
my 10 week old baby boy HATES the car. we have tried many different thing to get him to settle but none have consistently worked. we have tried music, toys, my step sons enteraining him, a different car seat, me sitting in the back with him (which can't be done when i need to drive!!!) and nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can do for him? he doesnt seem to be in pain and after about 1/2hour of screaming he does go to sleep but i hate driving knowing he isn't happy Sad

many thanks
Megan
PetraLou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hmmm my little girl hates the car seat too... she screams when i put her in it, and screams for the first few minutes in the car, however, she tends to nod off. If she doesnt, and carries on screaming, its because she's got wind. Ive had to pull over a few times (once i had to come off the motorway at the next junction and park up in a pub carpark and wind her!!)... and comfort her, and shes usually ok. Is he too warm?? Or could it be wind. its so hard isnt it, because it means u cant go anywhere!
kcap74
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:29 pm 
Post subject:
Oh my gosh! I thought I was alone. My baby hates the car. She screams everytime we go somewhere and I feel like a prisoner. She does OK on the highway but once we are just around town, she screams. I just bought the go and show lights and mirror from Baby Einstein but I am not too hopefully about it. Ugh I hope she grows out of this. It seems to be getting worse though, she is just about 10 weeks.
BigJohn
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:21 am 
Post subject:
I had the same problem with my baby girl, it got to the stage where we really dreaded car journeys. To our relief she calmed down after a while, we got her the Mind Shapes toys from Manhattan Toy/Wimmer Ferguson which claim to be designed for travelling, they seemed to help but it could have been coincidence.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular