date of conception

bossladee
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:01 pm 
Post subject: date of conception
i have a menstrual cycle that lasts for 30 to 31 days. i bleed for 2 to 3 days of that cycle. my last menstrual period was march 10th. i had sex on march 19 and march 22 with partner #1 and had sex with partner #2 on march 28th. i have taken a home pregnancy test that has came back positive. who is the father? feedback is appreciated.
Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun.based on what you've said,it's not really possible to tell,it could be either but when was your last period hun? x

bossladee
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:35 pm 
my menstrual cycle was march 10th. and it lasted for 2 to 3 days. the previous cycle was february 8th.
Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:38 pm 
Post subject:
ok,well then I would say the first two dates you had sex,may have been too soon,so it may be the second one hun,but dont quote me on that x

bossladee
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:48 pm 
thanks for the feedback. i am also a little confused because i took a morning after pill on april 1st. the doctor told me to take both pills to activate the medication. she told me that it is suppose to induce a thining of the uterine lining so that there isnt an attachment to the walls but if a pregnancy is already present, then it would not work or harm the embryo if already there.
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:49 pm 
Post subject:
Pup here. Totally agree with Sqibby. Because your cycle is extra long I would say you did Ov till 26th or 27th. So more likey to be partner 2. As too long for the sperm to have lasted from 22nd. I would say 80% chance of partner 2.. If that helps, but Im not expert. Pupx
bossladee
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:59 pm 
thank ya. i am confused on date of conception vs. date of ovulation. from what i have been reading the date of conception is when the egg and sperm meet and the date of ovulation is the 12-24 hour period when i released an egg. i have been using all of these calendars and they give me a week period in which i can ovulate. how do i know which date is valid in the 5 day period? does anyone know?

the calendars tell me that my ovulation period is between the 21st and the 26th.
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
Well you usually Ovulate mid cycle around day 14 of a 28 day cycle, but because you cycle is a little longer you chances are you didnt Ov till day 16 or 17. In which case 26th or 27th. Then you would have had a 24hr slot approx after to have concieved if you had had sex, which as you said you did. The 22nd would have meant sperm would have had to live for 4 to 6 days to meet egg. Possible just but highly unlikey. Hope that helps. Pupx
Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:05 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun,

that is correct,there is a period of about 5/6 days known as your 'fertile window',meaning that you are fertile from the first day and the last day is the day that you should ovulate on

but as you said,it is hard to tell exactly when you will ovulate but it's usually roughly around the time you work out.

xx

Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:24 pm 
Post subject: Re: date of conception
bossladee wrote:
thanks for the feedback. i am also a little confused because i took a morning after pill on april 1st. the doctor told me to take both pills to activate the medication. she told me that it is suppose to induce a thining of the uterine lining so that there isnt an attachment to the walls but if a pregnancy is already present, then it would not work or harm the embryo if already there.

this probably means that if you were far along and the egg had already implanted,it wouldnt work hun,when did you take it?

x

bossladee
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:27 pm 
thanks again. i have an ultrasound appointment on tuesday which would make me exactly 7 weeks according to my lmp. do u think an ultrasound can give me a better understanding of when i conceived? just trying to get some opinions cause i really want to relieve some of my stress.

btw: i check my cervical mucus to better determine my ovulation. am i ovulating when there is sticky lubrication?
Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
yes that's right hun,usually looks like egg whites.

yeh an ultrasound should determine how far along you are hun,try not to stress,as it isnt good for you or your baby.

I take it you are happy about this then hun?do you mind me asking how old you are?x

bossladee
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:39 pm 
i am preparing myself mentally for this pregnancy. yes, i am happy either way but i am in an emotional bind because i have a child with my first partner and would would rather not have two kids by two different men, even though they both know whats going on.

i am 25 years old.
OOOO0
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
God this is a hard one. Pupx
Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:42 pm 
Post subject:
yeh I know pup,don't know what to say really.cant imagine how you are feeling hun as we are not in your position but we will help in any way we can xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular