Can I dye my Hair??

Boobs
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:32 pm 
Post subject: Can I dye my Hair??
Hello All~

I have been told by some of my friends that I should wait to dye my hair until after my son is born...But when I asked my nurse at OB-GYN she said it was ok...

So what is the real answer??

Thanks...

~Jamie
jennlrobles
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:44 pm 
Post subject: Coloring your hair
I am currently pregnant with my 2nd @ 31wks. and with my first son I died my hair and he came out just fine. My OB had no problem with coloring your hair.
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:19 am 
Post subject:
hiya

there are 2 possible issues with dying your hair:

1. your hair type 'changes' in pregnancy (or can do) meaning that it may not turn out how you are used to having it. Doing a strand test will sort this for you
2. you absorb small amounts of the chemical through your scalp, which has not been proved safe during pregnancy. It's also not been proven damaging, but is a potential risk. having strand highlights in a salon rather than a home dye kit will mean this isn't a problem.

that's about it really - tiny possible risk, no proof from research either way, so it's entirely your choice. Personally I've avoided strong bleach and gone with strand testing as my hair has become a lot more absorbent since becoming pregnant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular