walking alone.

bubble08
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:50 pm 
Post subject: walking alone.
my daughter as just turned 14mths and i really want her to start walking as am expecting my second baby and she is heavy to carry around. shes been crawling since 7mths and walking around the sofa and everything else for ages, i can tell she wants to walk but isnt cofident enought to do it alone. how long is it usually before they go from walking holding on to walking alone? and is there anything else i can do to encourage her? any advice i would be greatful xxx
Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:29 pm 
Post subject:
Hi bubble, Hunter started crawling at 11mnths and is walking alone now at 14mnths. We encouraged it by getting him a wooden trolley to push round and put a brick in it so it wouldnt take off. Took about a month for him to start experimenting by walking from coffee table to couch etc. We also held his hand and walked him to bed or to his high chair etc. Mind you, will be hard if she just doesnt want to Rolling Eyes
Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:31 pm 
Post subject:
All children are different and they will usally start by themselves. i must amit both my children were walking by their first birthday ( obviously a bit wobbly still) My son now walks a lot, like up to the school, to the local shop etc. he has a lot of cofidents and would run away if he could, all i would do is just try and encourage her mybe get a little shopping trolly, or pram to push around the room, and i would say not to put heavy shoes on her until she can walk more confidently, dont push her to much though x
bubble08
Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
hi ladies thank you for your reply alisha will walk holding your hand and around the sofa etc. she has got 2 little prams she walks with and a push along baby walker. she is getting to the stage where she is trying to stand up on her own so hopefully she wont be long before shes of on her own. Very Happy xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular