What do you think?

RosieC
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:30 pm 
Post subject: What do you think?
Hey there everyone,

I'm currently pregnant with my third. We've got 15 month old twins so we weren't really planning on having another, at least not for a while. We had trouble conceiving last time and the pregnancy was a bit of a nightmare, but this one by comparison has been really good.

Aside from the fact that I'm worrying about handling a newborn, on my own (hubby's work involves a lot of travelling), with a pair of almost two year olds.

As we figured that the twins would be our only children we put a lot of effort into naming them, picking family members that we wanted to honour and coming up with variatons on their names/name meanings/etc. Now we're all named out! We also don't know the sex of this little one. We knew the genders of the twins from fairly early on so this time we wanted a surprise.

My husband's name is Sean so we gave our son a name with the same meaning to name him after his father without *actually* naming him after his father. His name is Jonathan Karl. He was also named for my brother Charles (which is also a popular name in both Sean's family and mine).

My daughter's name is Norah Clarice. Norah comes from Eleanor (Sean's mother) and Claire (My mother).

I'm Rosannah Cathleen, Sean doesn't have a middle name Sad

We've managed to generate a shortlist between us:

So anyway, some names for boys that we're considering (based on those of family members) are:
Theodore (Sean's grandfather)
Brian (Sean's brother)
Hamish (Sean's uncle, though probably would be better as a middle name than a first)
Jacob
Ruben

And the girls:
Audrey (My grandmother)
Martha (from both sides of the family)
Margaret (Sean's sister)
Elizabeth
Phoebe (my aunt)

Any suggestions that you can make for combinations of these names, or other similar or related names would be great.

Rosie
mamatofour
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:27 pm 
Post subject:
I really like Audrey for a girl and Theodore for a boy. I have liked the name Audrey since I was a kid but dh doesn't really like it. I also like the name Oliver. I just set up a baby names poll that is kind of cool. I need to figure out how to put it in my posts over here.
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:43 am 
Post subject:
Ruben Theodore and Audrey Elizabeth get my vote Very Happy

Although Margaret could also be Meg, which I think is lovely. It's been a while sine you posted this - are you any closer to a decision?
spiderwoman
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:58 pm 
Post subject:
Jacob Theodore for a boy "JT"
Elizabeth Martha for a girl "EM"or"EMA
to shorten as they are beautiful traditional names and i found with a 9 and a 10 yr old they like to shorten or abbreviate their names a bit of fun
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular