Desprately seaking help

depressed
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:25 am 
Post subject: Desprately seaking help
I fell pregnant when I was 14 years old and I had an abortion, I an now 22. Since that time I have been on this 2 month injection to stop me from getting pregnant up untill 5 years ago. Last year I fell pregnant, but then I had a miscarrige at 5 weeks of pregnancy. Me and my fionce are trying to concieve but it looks like we cryare having no luck.

Does any body have any tips for me relating to this issue. Crying or Very sad
Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:38 am 
Post subject:
Oh babe. Im sorry to hear of your difficulties.

On a positive note I honestly believe that the fact that you have been pregnant does indicate that at least you are fertile and are able to actually get pregnant which is a good starting point. Why not book in to see either a doctor or community nurse and have a chat with them. It may also be worth having some fertility tests.

Did the abortion go ok....were there any complications?
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:28 am 
Post subject:
I think it went down fine, as far as I can remember. Do you have any tips regarding fertility?
Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:32 am 
Post subject:
TBH i am the absolute worst person to ask! I just buy lots and lots of books and magazines and read up on things. Ebay has been a god send these last six months. Have a quick look on there or search on google under something like improve fertility. may also be worth checking out the NHS website too....they tend to have some good advice pages. Sorry cant be of more help. x
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:34 am 
Post subject:
i have read that zinc is good for a mans sperm count gives it a boost also cutting out smoking, drinking and eating healthy all the usual tips really not sure what else, sorry cant be of much help jst trying to think of everything ppl told me lol
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:12 am 
Post subject:
Thankx you all, I will see waht I can do and keep you updated!
Dawnydoobs
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:21 am 
Post subject: Re: Desprately seaking help
depressed wrote:
I fell pregnant when I was 14 years old and I had an abortion, I an now 22. Since that time I have been on this 2 month injection to stop me from getting pregnant up untill 5 years ago. Last year I fell pregnant, but then I had a miscarrige at 5 weeks of pregnancy. Me and my fionce are trying to concieve but it looks like we cryare having no luck.

Does any body have any tips for me relating to this issue. Crying or Very sad

Dear depressed,

Is your main worry that the abortion has left you infertile? I cannot speak from personal experience but my friend had an abortion and had a successful pregnancy, this other female that I know (but not keen on may I add due to several different incidents) has had about 3-4 abortions and clearly it doesn't seem to have an effect on her fertility.

Sometimes it can take awhile to concieve and other times it just seems to happen, please just give it time and if you are worried perhaps a visit to the doctor would be best to put your mind at rest hopefully?

I'm 22 as well btw lol.

x

depressed
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:29 am 
Post subject:
I think that may be one of the reasons I am worried but I think my main worry is the fact that I have been on that 2 month prevention injection to stop me form getting pregnant. Mayby this injection (being on it for so long) could be causing fertility problems now.
Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:34 am 
Post subject:
I was on the injection for five years. Its true it can have an affect on fertility and does take a while to get back to normal but no-one is sure how long that "while" is at the moment. Pity they dont tell you that when you first have it? xx
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:13 pm 
Post subject:
I agree with you 100%. Could any body please inform me as to what a basel body teprature test is? Where do you get is and what is it called exactly (the pharmacies in this place have no idea what I am talking about (actually, I do not kow relly know what I am talking about? Confused[/code]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular