Oh [*@!#%*]!

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:49 pm 
Post subject:
You should be getting a smear test every 2-3 yrs after becoming sexually active. It's a bit uncomfortable but very neccessary! I am 26 and have been having them since I was 21 so I'm not old!!! Laughing Laughing xxxx

Squib if i were you, when you do get preggers sit mum and dad down and have a really 'adult' conversation with them about how you and bf are stable, both are ok with work, accomodation etc and the calmer you stay the more they will see you are a big girl now and have thought about this very seriously. Then they can't say you're acting like a child if you get what I mean xxxxx
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
ok il consider it, can u get one done whilst ur pregnant? id feel a bit random jst ringing the docs up 4 that wiv no reason. x

Squibby06
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:52 pm 
Post subject:
thanks hun,I will do that,it's just cos of before that I'm worried but my bf said if they start,he'll put a stop to it,he won't take any [*@!#%*]! lol xxx

Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:53 pm 
Post subject:
jo2309 wrote:
hi casstia, cant i just have a smear test when im giving birth some time next year? lol that way i wont feel the pain, because ill already be in agony. Smile

im only 21 and ive never really thought about it, i fort it was something 'older' people got done, (sorry) Embarassed or when people was worried there's a problem? x

No-one can force you to have one babe. Its just I feel a bit like its better to be safe than sorry. Ive been trying for five months now and if there is a medical reason why I am not conceiving then i want to know about it rather than just carry on being disappointed.

You could always ask if you could have one when you are giving birth.....you may change your mind at the time tho!!!! Laughing Laughing something tells me that will be the last thing you are thinking about!!!
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:54 pm 
Post subject:
jo2309 wrote:
ok il consider it, can u get one done whilst ur pregnant? id feel a bit random jst ringing the docs up 4 that wiv no reason. x

I just rang the docs. Just said to the receptionist that Id like to book in for a smear and she gave me date and time and hey ho!!! You dont have to have a reason and if they ask you why then you can be honest and say you are ttc. x
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:55 pm 
Post subject:
Jo they don't really do it when you're pregnant as far as i know cos your cells change shape and colour with the hormones so the results aren't accurate. If you ask at the doc they will arrange an appt with the nurse.

Squibby say to your bf that losing the rag will make it worse and you'll come across as both more mature and able to handle a baby if you stay calm. If they start having a go, juts calmly say that you wish they cold be happy for you and you realise it's a lot for them to take in and you'll leave it with them to contact you when they're ready to talk about it. Then you and bf will look like the responsible ones!!! xxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:59 pm 
Post subject:
Casstia were you joking when you said about asking to have one in labour??!!!!!!!! Shocked xxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:00 pm 
Post subject:
yeh I know you're right hun,that's wot I said to him but he's got a short temper when it comes to my parents cos of the way they treated me before.

I'm sure it will be fine,not gonna worry about it til the time comes.thanks for your advice hun xxx

Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:02 pm 
Post subject:
Exactly, just you concentrate on getting a bubba in there first!!!! xxxx
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:02 pm 
Post subject:
il tell u what, this is our first 'proper' month of trying if i haven't conceived in 6 months then i will go for a check up, smear test and all!!!

if i do conceive Laughing then i will definately have one after the birth and every 3 years there onwards!

so, either way il be having smear test sometime in the next 12 months. yippee! Not. lol. x

Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:04 pm 
Post subject:
cjarchibald wrote:
Casstia were you joking when you said about asking to have one in labour??!!!!!!!! Shocked xxx

Yes dont worry....Im not completely crazy!!!

Although it could be quite interesting!! Laughing Laughing
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:05 pm 
Post subject:
It's one of those things unfortuantely that us poor ladies have to deal with!!!! I have abnormal cells so I get smears ever 6 months and have had colposcopy treament twice now (they burn off the bad cells). Men get away so easy!!! xxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
Thank god Casstia I did get kinda worried there Laughing Laughing ...it's difficult to know with typing sometimes!!!! Laughing I'm going to ask just for a laugh now!!! The midwives will think i'm mental! xxx
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:09 pm 
Post subject:
cjarchibald wrote:
Thank god Casstia I did get kinda worried there Laughing Laughing ...it's difficult to know with typing sometimes!!!! Laughing I'm going to ask just for a laugh now!!! The midwives will think i'm mental! xxx

Be even more mental if they say yes!!! Laughing Laughing
Page 5 of 5

Jump to:  

Community

Popular