tryin for another baby jus 8 weeks after havin my daughter

tinajane
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:55 pm 
Post subject: tryin for another baby jus 8 weeks after havin my daughter
hi everyone, i put a post in TALK but i thought i mite get a better response in this forum, i gave birth to my beautiful daughter jus 8 wks ago,i love bein a mum i think its the best job in the world and m very lucky that i dont have to work a my husband has a very good job, both me and my husband have decided to try for another baby as we would like to have our children close together then have a break b4 startin again, i am jus wondering if there are anymore mums out there that have done this or are trying to do this x x x x
Tigger83
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Tinajane,

welcome to the forum Very Happy

Congrats on having your baby daughter. I hope you are enjoying every second of being a mum!

I am still trying for my first, so cant really help on having a second baby so soon, but as long as you are sure its what you want, then I would say go for it. Just be absolutely sure you know what you are geting yourself in for! You dont want to lose those precious memories of the first year of your daughters life if you are busy ttc or suffering from symptoms of your second pg. I dont want to put you off or anything, just be certain of what you both want.

Good luck and lots of babydust
Txx
asfletcher
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:21 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun im pregnant with my third and did the same thing. i wanted a close age gap. i was pregnant with 2nd baby when my 1st baby was 8 weeks and have a 10 and a half month age gap. i love everything about it. my youngest has just turned 2 and the other is 3 this month and they play together and share everything and as they are both girls they will grow up together when theyre older too. this ones due in sept so this age gap will be 2 and a half years.

good luck! and yes its very hard work when baby is first born as u will have 2 babies but worth it in the end.
Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi babe. Im same as Tig and still ttc number 1 but as long as you feel up to it i see no reason why you cant try for number 2.

May be worth googling it tho as I am fairly sure that once when i was watching This Morning on ITV they had a fertility expert on saying that realistically new mums should wait 4 to 6 months before ttc again. This isnt fact and I dont want to put on damper on things but just wanted to tell you what had been said. From memory I think the main reason she suggested this was due to the fact that the womb takes this length of time to get back into shape and it is obviously more healthy etc after a few months.

That being said, if you feel well enough and are keen enough then GO FOR IT!!!!

HTH one way or another. xx
Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:29 pm 
Post subject:
in actual fact ur supposed to wait 1-2 years for the womb to recover. my midwife said ur body can cope with whatever is thrown at it. i was lucky to have a straight forward pregnancy and birth so had no probs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular