When do they start using the potty?

christine82
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:25 pm 
Post subject: When do they start using the potty?
I know Olivia is still very young for this but I have a potty for her that we have around the place to get her used to it. She loves sitting on it and I always tell her that is where she has her wee wees but apart from that she would rather stand in it. I keep giving her a lot of nappy off time and encouraging her to sit on it but she won't wee there yet just gets on and claps her hands. Just wondering at what age babies are usually ready for potty training?
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:21 am 
Post subject:
You are doing the right thing by letting her get used to it, good thinking!! When she starts taking notice of peeing or having a poo that will be the right time to start. Hunter has just started pausing when he does either. Tonight he was sitting on the floor playing and just stopped, he looked down at his peepee and waited. I stood behind him to see what he was doing and then he pee'd. He must of felt it coming so tomorrow I will go buy a potty and do what you are doing now - leaving it around for him to look at. Good luck, what a new challenge for us Shocked
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:16 am 
Post subject:
we've got a potty ready and waiting as well - but not yet started to introduce it. I think 'average' is about 20-24 months for starting to potty train, so if you're familiarising her now you're getting a good head start Very Happy
Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
u r doing the right thing hun i atrted doing that although sadly for me it had made no difference my son is 2 and half and still wont use his potty or the toilet he sots on it and tell me when he needs to go but refuses to actually do anything on it its such a pain but strating early is a good thing as it makes them aware of it and doesnt cause any fear of the potty xxx
mumof3Ihope
Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Girls are usually much faster then boys keep putting her on it that is defaintly the right thing as well run the tap when she is sitting on it maybe that will help her and get some stickers or a treat (my case Gummy Gummy's (but my kids were older)) and give her one if she goes. I would say she will start to get it around two if you keep putting her on it. Also you can try to teach her the word potty in sign language and because she can't say the word sh would be able to sign it to you.....
Boys I would say around three is the average age that they are officially changed unless they don't like to be wet or dirty then you might be lucky.

Good luck ladies (I run a daycare and am training three children from 20 months to 3 1/2 yrs)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular