Had ectopic pregnancy and now can't get pregnant again

Virgin316
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:19 am 
Post subject: Had ectopic pregnancy and now can't get pregnant again
Hi,
I came off the pill about 18 months ago. 10 months later I started feeling very ill and found out I had an ectopic pregnancy. I hadn't known about it as I was still having my period normally and by the time the doctors found out, I was already 8weeks pregnant and had to have my right tube removed which was upsetting as there was no particular reason for that happening in the first place which means that my chances of it happening again are 1 in 10. We have been trying to conceive since then (the operation was 7 months ago) and no luck despite people saying that you tend to be more fertile after a miscarriage or an extopic pregnancy. I'm getting desperate and can't help but think that maybe the one tube I have left is not working properly. Any similar stories or any advice would be great...
thanks
Virginia
BabyWife
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:21 am 
Post subject:
Hi
Im sorry to hear what has happenend, Can you see your gp and tell them how you feel?
xx
Virgin316
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:25 am 
Post subject:
I had to see the surgeon in August as a follow-up and he said all should be fine and that more often that not, women who have had that, get pregnant within a few months of the operation (maybe he was just being nice!!). I have an appointment with my GP next Monday but after reading other posts on the forum I'm worried he's just going to tell me to come back in XXX amount of months...
lillia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:27 am 
Post subject:
Hi Hun, sorry you have had such a bad time Sad , 7 months is not that long to ttc, that said I have been ttc for 5 months and it feels like a lifetime!! Go see your gp, you would have a very good reason for requesting further investigations although it may just need time for you to conceive again.

Are you using opk's / fertility monitor / charting etc to help you identify your most fertile time?

Good luck xx
October 2010 2nd ICSI, short protocol BFN
trying to raise funds for round 3, hoping to cycle august 2011
Sel78
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:29 am 
Post subject:
Oh hun, Im so sorry to hear that!! Dont give up hope Im sure it will happen.

Best of luck sweetie, hope u get a BFP soon.

xxxxx

jamieleigh
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:30 am 
Post subject:
awe so sorry hun u have had a tough time i havnt had anything like that but i hav heard loads of success storied from ladie who have had ttc with just the one tube it might pay u to see your gp and have 21 day bloods dont to check u r ovulating from the tube u have as if u rnt ovulating everyt cycle then it will take longer sweet. he may be able to give u sumthing to help u ovulate is this is the case good luck hun xxx and welcome to askbaby xx
BabyWife
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:31 am 
Post subject:
Best of luck when you go to the docs xx
jamieleigh
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:36 am 
Post subject:
goo dluck with seeing your gp hun i am sure they will be able to help u i understadn it must b frustrating for u try keep ya chin up xxx
JayK
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:46 am 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear of your loss. My sister has one of her tubes completely blocked (not removed) and lots of scarring. She was told by her consultant that this does not mean her chances of conceiving have halved just reduced by 25%. They told her it would possibly take longer than a healthy woman but that the other ovary would take over. They also put her on clomid and she luckily conceived straightaway. She is now over 12 weeks and doing well. If you try naturally for a while and nothing happens then you will have other fertility options available like IVF. I know you had you tube removed but i really think that you should be able to conceive naturally via your other healthy tube and if you are not ovulating they may also prescribe you clomid.
The ttc thing is a very hard journey but try to remain positive, it will happen for you i am sure!

Jayxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:50 am 
Post subject: had
hi hun welcome to askbaby.im sorry about ur loss hun.u can still get pregnant but it mat take a lil longer than a women with 2 tubes cos u dont always ovualte out the same tube.but u will get there hunni theres hope for every1.gud luk with the docs chickand hope u get sorted very soon.
Virgin316
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:00 am 
Post subject:
thank you all so much for replying so quickly and all your nice messages. I will ask the doc about ovulation to check that I don't need any help with that; maybe it's just a case of my ovary having to work a little bit harder. I'm 28 so I'm hoping that all is healthy and in working order; my husband's 37 thouhg and I think he's starting to worry that the problem might come from him (he has had 2 boys from his previous marriage but the younger one is 6 and he is worried that since then his fertility has gone downhill) - from what i understand though men are pretty OK to "produce" babies despite their age.
I'll keep you updated on what the doctor says on Monday! xx
jamieleigh
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:02 am 
Post subject:
good luk hun i am sure things r fine with your hubby tell him not to worry so much. good luck sweet i hope your lil bean comes soon xx
bubbleworth
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:17 am 
Post subject: had
gud luk with the docs hun im sure u will be fine.
GlasgowMum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:25 am 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear this babe Crying or Very sad

Im sorry i can t lend any first hand experience, but i can tell you about my aunt

She suffered an ectopic pregnancy...and they taken away one of her tubes, AND the other
was blocked Shocked

BUT she did go on to having another pregnancy - and that was sucessful Very Happy

So im imagining you have an even better chance than she did!

Needless to say, both her tubes are away now, but the point of the story is hun
Dont let it beat you down!

There is still hope for you yet Very Happy

Good luck Wink

Xx
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:42 pm 
Post subject: update
Hi again, so I went to the doc on Monday and she said that although I've been off the pill for 18 months, because I had ectopic pregnancy since they wouldn't do anything until it had reached a year since the operation. So she told me to keep trying and come back in 3 months time...I guess that's what I was expecting...what do you think?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular