Postnatal Depression in men

Huntermac
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:48 pm 
Post subject: Postnatal Depression in men
Has anybody else seen a complete change in their husbands/parners since the baby has arrived? It started when I first told him I was pregnant in March 2007. Since then he has slipped into his own world, forgetfull and argumentative. He forgets conversations we had within the last couple of days, does things that he knows will cause arguments. He looks at me as though I'm suddenly an enemy, constantly thinking I'm picking at him. I am emotionally afraid of him now, scared to say or do anything to upset him and make him angry at me. If he touches me it makes my skin crawl because it feels like a stranger is putting their hands on me. What do I do!!!
jo2309
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:47 pm 
Post subject:
sweetie, first of all its not ur fault, men can get depression too. He's probably feeling second best since all ur attention is naturally focused on the baby.

If ur not able to talk to him about his feelings, u cud visit postnatal depression websites they'll have far better information and advice, and if nothing else u cud ring one of there helplines, im sure they'd be able to offer u solutions or suggest a counselling service that cud help?

if it is bad hun then u shudn't leave it as he may only get more frustrated, seeking advice is free and wont do any harm hun. good luck and i hope u can work through it, ur not the first couple 2 go through this and im sure u wont be the last. x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular