refuses to sleep in cot and hurting herself

brenda
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:19 pm 
Post subject: refuses to sleep in cot and hurting herself
I am really getting worried about my 15 month old daughter. After being on holiday for a month since coming home she refuses to go to sleep in her cot and will only settle in bed beside me after about an hour of cuddling. Before the holiday i used the controlled crying method to get her to sleep through night and it worked quite easily but i have been trying this method again since coming home for 2 nights and its not working. She is crying uncontrollably when i put her in cot and is becoming hysterical, hitting the cot and trying to hurt herself in temper, scratching her face etc. Has anyone had similar difficulties or has any advice on how to handle this please?
JodieGirl
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hello

I had a lot of problems with my little girl, which I wont bore you with, but after nearly having a break down, which would of been very selfish of me, as I have three children and a husband that works nights. Someone recommended a book called

'Solve your childs sleep problems' by Dr Richard Ferber. ( I hope I am allowed to state names)

It may help, read the back cover of the book, and hopefully it will help.

I feel for you, as it is a really hard thing to go through, especially if noone can help.
Amanda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular