pregancy weight gain

Minxymoo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:21 pm 
Post subject:
Nydnanil

I really wouldn't worry huni just eat healthy when you can and excercise if you feel well enough.

Ivf is a very hard slog and you deserve just to enjoy yourself and baby now xxx
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
thanks hun, how's things with you x
Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:10 am 
Post subject:
Not too bad thx. I've got SPD though and that's really painful most days but I refuse to take paracetamol as I prefer to know what I'm doing when it hurts so I can try not to do that lol!

I haven't weighed myself since the midwife did it as I figured I'd only get upset about something I don't really have control over. I'll start worrying when I finish breast feeding I think, although my face has started to look really fat this last week which my sis tells me is normal (she worked in Mothercare).

How's everything else with you?

xx
Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:15 pm 
Post subject:
Yeh thinks are steadily getting better, been really bad with feeling ill and heaving constantly. Getting a bump now, although it dissapears when i lay down lol. I could feel movements but they seem to of subsided now, i have m/w app tom so will get to hear heartbeat at least. Is your spd quite painful then?
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:41 pm 
Post subject:
All pregnancies are different, and I think you tend to put on more weight with boys. When I had my son, I went up from 8 to 11 and half stone. He only weighed 7lb12. Took ages to loose. Think my malteasers from the box craving might have had something to do with it. Well they taste different from a box and once the box is opened....
When I had daughter I didn't weigh myself at all but know it was much less, probably only about stone and a half. Didn't restrict myself at all buit put it down to running around after a 2 year old.
Now pregnant with number 3, 7 years later. Now into week 14, no weight gain but my waist has increased 6 inches. It could be to do with the dreadful morning sickness I had, but I haven't had any for 4 weeks. It could be to do with the fact that everything I eat upsets my tummy. I've been wearing maternity clothes for last 3 weeks though. When you are petite going up an extra size means it hangs off everywhere else.
jane1978
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:40 pm 
Post subject:
Just something to let you know weight gain isn't too bad. I put on 3 1/2 stone - now LO is 4 months I've lost 3 stone with no diet or exercise. I'm a bit flabby and can't fit in my jeans but there isn't much too loose
Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:45 pm 
Post subject:
Jane1978, thank you so much for posting that! I'm sitting here at 35 weeks and up 28lbs feeling huge and dreading what im going to look like after, thats given me hope Smile I swear my face has got fat the last week or so too, im going into hiding til i give birth lol.
eartheart
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:00 am 
Post subject:
Im 8wks and haven't put on any weight. Past few weeks i've felt nauseus with no appetite, but when i forced myslef to eat a sandiwxh i suddenly was so hungry, until i noticed its smell again. That seems to have abated, but now i usually feel full, even though i've barely eating anything - is this normal to feel full?
JuliaRoberts
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:38 am 
Post subject: Re: general pregnancy
lyn1976 wrote:
thanks

I think, Use links. Thanks
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:43 pm 
Post subject: hi all iam pregnant with 3rd baby nearly 31 wks
hi iam in the 3rd trimester and my current pre pregnancy weight was around 53 kgs but in my book it says 60 kgs dont think the weight thing is right in my book so my midwife thinks i have only put on 3.5 kgs so far and im nearly 31 wks preg will be in too days any way.but the fundal height for 30 weeks last week measures 30 cm so right measurements for dates. so iam just worried about weather i will put more weight on by end of pregnancy and weather baby will be small not like my 2 previous pregnacy i put on more weight and had a 8 and a half pound baby and my last one after that was 9 pound . any help or info please Smile
louiset07
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, I am 5 weeks and my BMI is 28.3. I only found out I am pregnant two days ago. I had been dieting since New Year (slowly) and lost a few pounds already, this week I lost two more though I have not been dieting just eating heathily. I guess as I cut out alcohol and takeaways I may lose a few more in the first few weeks? Is this OK?

I am worried about gaining.
klmtom
Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:30 pm 
Post subject: preg weight gain
Well I am a size small to medium and I gained 19 pounds my whole preg.. my babys birth weight was 8 pounds 9 ounces ......it was all baby lol
hannahthompson
Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:47 am 
Post subject:
Wonderful post. If you have a successful pregnancy; you will gain weight. So, if you have been engaging in a weight loss programmed of any sort, pregnancy will undoubtedly change all that. You will have the weight of the developing baby and its temporary home to accommodate. Once your pregnancy is confirmed, you have to prepare yourself mentally for a gain in weight, not a loss. That is not to say you should just abandon healthy eating habits and exercise. Pregnancy is a time when your own health is doubly important, as it affects your baby. The article below considers what you should expect in the way of weight gain during your pregnancy, and how you should anticipate and deal with it. Thanks for sharing. Laughing
hannahthompson
Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:13 am 
Post subject:
Great post. I like your site. This is really very useful information. Interesting yopic about health. Thanks for sharing.
louiset07
Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:57 pm 
Post subject:
My BMI is 28.3 and I've gained 5.5lbs at 13 weeks, does this sound normal?
Page 10 of 12

Jump to:  

Community

Popular