pregancy weight gain

SparkJack
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya ladies

I am 11 weeks pg and i have put on about 10lb already!!! My bmi was 22 which is smack bang in the normal range but i am really concerned that i am putting on weight too quickly!! i have not put any on my face or anywhere else apart from my abdomen and boobs ( boobs are only a little bigger.

I dont usually put on weight that easily, have always been a slim size 10. It does not mean a multiple pregnancy does it?? Am i just going to be really big??

jade25
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:48 pm 
Post subject:
hey hun i think that sumtimes weight in pregnacy can speed up at times while other times it doesnt i think i put on 8 pounds by the time i was 20 week i was putting on a half a pound to a pound a week on n then one day think it was wen i was 27 weeks i put on 4 pound all in one week i was goin slimmin worlds so i was weighted every week then wen i went to m/w apoionment i had actually lost a few pound they put me at 10 stone 10 n then mw put me at 10 stone 7 lol ive put on bout 15 ponds so far n i hope its not to much more lol i wouldnt worry i reckon it will even out has ya pg goes on xxx

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:22 pm 
Post subject:
thanx jade brill info:)

ive put on 5lb already and not even 6 weeks yet!

linzipinzi
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:56 pm 
Post subject:
did anyon see the programme on telly the other day about supper skinny pregnancys?? shocking !! sooo unhealthy in my opinion Shocked
XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:48 pm 
Post subject:
My BMI is 21 and i put 21 LBs on in pregnancy xxx

jade25
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:38 am 
Post subject:
thats great hun i think wen ya have a normal bmi thats the right amount unlike me i have put on bout 22 pounds so far prob a bit more by now tho lol but i put on 4 n half stone wiv my first so this is a improvement lol xxx

XxSunshineMummyXx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
Haha, aww you'll be fine as long as you're both well it doesn't matter xxxx

leonnib
Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:28 pm 
Post subject:
ive put on 13lbs already. ive got quite a big tummy already but its my 3rd pg. so probably water.
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:38 am 
Post subject:
yeh my mw says i have a lot of water i have sum ppl say wow your big are you having twins n others saying your small for 33 weeks so its a mixed bag Laughing like yesturday i ran out of my house to tell my daughter not to go out of the street n heard all the other neighbours saying god wen she due theres a few peeps in the strret that r preggers n think they are comaparing bump size even tho im the furest on in pg n there comparing me to sumone who is bout 23 weeks lol xxx

janine1983
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hi all

I've just gone through all the messages on here as i was wondering and it seems that everyone puts weight on different, i started off a lovely size 10 and weighed 8st 5lb! now i am 10st 6lb and a size 14!! i am only 5ft as well. I do hate women who dont show or put weight on its not fair ha ha

jade25
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
dont wory hun im only 5 ft aswell n i have put on 2 stone n a size 14 i think im 11 stone now Shocked but just think at least once baby out think of the wight ya gonna drop wen i had my daughter i was 8 stone to start then 12 half full term i ate like a pig lol n i worked out i droped 3 stone 7 just by havin her n breast feeding it took me 2 weeks to get that off n the rest took bout 9 mths or so, hopfully it work out that way this time lol your be alrite not long for you to go xxx

emmafield82
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 pm 
Post subject:
It would seem I have gained a total of 8lbs since I got pregnant. Thats....nothing. I don't understand as I am eating normally. I do alot of exercise in the form of gardening and walking but surely I should have gained more by now!!?? Baby is measuring 1.5cm less than weeks so its prob got to do with weight gain or lack of.

I expected to be fat as a house by now, I always looked forward to scoffing everything in sight when I got pregnant but I just don't have the capacity I used to have. My stomach has been squidged. Sad
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, im 19 weeks and on my booking app i was 65kg bmi of 23, when i had my scan i was 62kg lol so ive lost weight but that is mainly due to the stress of my useless ex OH!!!! Useful info though, thanks x
Pigkate
Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
I started out at 7st 10 because I lost some weight early on owing to morning sickness. I was quite happy to be up to 8.5 by 16 weeks but got a bit of a shock when I weighed myself last night (only two weeks later) and I was 8.10! I've never been anything over 8.4 in my life and it's a strange feeling seeing myself edging up the scale. I have been eating a lot of cheese, so perhaps that has something to do with it Laughing

I really just want me and the baby to be healthy and if I carry on eating (mostly) good things and doing my antenatal exercise classes I'm sure I'll be fine.
Velvet
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:30 pm 
Post subject:
With my first pg i weighed 8 stone (10 wks pg) was weighed 3 days b4 due date (and birth) and i was 11 stone 2 pounds, but i didnt look fat at all and only had a 6.9pounds baby so dont know where al the weight was lol, with my second i was 9 stone (8wks) and was weighed at 34wks 11 stone she was born couple days later at 6.2pounds , im not sure where al the weight goes i think the midwifes scales lie lol

xxx

Page 3 of 12

Jump to:  

Community

Popular