pregancy weight gain

brenzo
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:57 pm 
Post subject:
golly, I've just found out im pregnant and i'm so so bloated, weight gain here you come!

KatieCuddles
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:24 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for the info guys! Feel much better about my weight gain now! Phew! xxx
hannahthompson
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:23 am 
Post subject:
Gaining the right amount of weight during pregnancy by eating a healthy, balanced diet is a good sign that your baby is getting all the nutrients he or she needs and is growing at a healthy rate. It is not necessary to "eat for two" during pregnancy. It is true that you need extra calories from nutrient-rich foods to help your baby grow.
Greggy09
Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
Right, I'm 38 weeks pregnant, my normal BMI is 21 and my total pregnancy weight gain is *drumroll please* 42lbs! Confused More than recommended. Oh well, too late now...
EmVar
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
Anyone know what an appropriate calorie intake is through pregnancy? I know they say about 2000 a day for women but personally I find I gain weight if I average over 1750. I don't want to overdo it and gain too much, but at the same time I need to be sure I'm getting enough calories for bubba to grow x

[/url]
starshaped
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:15 pm 
Post subject:
hey girls

not to worry about the extra (on under) weightgain, everyone is different so I'm sure it varies Largley. so if my Bmi is 18.9 I should gain 28-40 pounds so like 2-3 stone? I've never been over 7.5 stone lol I won't be able to walk!! Laughing xxx
nati0308
Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:18 pm 
Post subject:
I am in week 7 and I just discovered that I am pregnant a week ago and I lost 3 pounds in 1 week....why?
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:58 am 
Post subject:
At the risk of being lynched (like a friend tried when I mentionned it to her the other day) - I'm coming to complain/worry/fret over a LACK of weight gain...
I'm 21 weeks today and have gained about 6lbs. My email updates this morning from Mothercare and another site said 'blah blah gained about 10-15lbs by now' and my laptop ticker said I should have gained around 6kg (15lbs) - and I haven't. I did suffer nausea for the first 16 weeks but I wasn't particularly sick and I ate LOADS because it was the only way I could stop being so sicky... so I know it's not because I didn't eat and I eat lots now. Ok, I walk for an hour each day but my job isn't very energetic when I'm there... and I just feel like I'm doing something wrong. I'm usually around 8-8.5stone, I'm 5ft2 so I'm a usual size 8, my boobs have gone from B cups to D/Es... so I think lots of my gain is there!!! Which makes me feel worse - because if most of my 6lbs is boobs... what is Pumpkin getting?! Sad Anyone else had a pregnancy when they HAVEN'T gained what was expected? And all was ok and baby wasn't too small or anything? My friend is 3 weeks behind me and said at 9 weeks she'd already put on 4kg (10lbs) at that stage so I got a pretty grumpy response when I mentioned I was worried about not putting on enough... Sad
Any advise/'there there's would be much appreciated!
xxx

starshaped
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:20 pm 
Post subject:
hey mingomayo I've lost 2lbs since being pregnant (I'll be 8weeks on friday) I'm also eating everything, my boobs have gotten bigger already but I'm still only 7stone. I think its just a fact of everyone is different, if you're sure your eating ok and it sounds like your nice and active, I would'nt worry. The midwife will monitor you anyway so just keep taking pregnacare and relax chicken, cause I'm sure lil pumpkin will be taking all the nutrients he/she needs, ok xxxx
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:01 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you Starshaped! Smile That was a really sweet reply! Smile

H&H 9 months to you and thanks again - you made me feel better! Smile I managed to ask the MW too and she said exactly the same 'Pumpkin will take what it needs' so as long as that is what happens - I'm happy Smile
xxx

icsiHope
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:48 am 
Post subject:
Hi may
As u know I'm at the same stage as u, bump is a defo preg bump. But iv only put on about 6 lbs in weight and I'm usually about 8 stone. My boobs have gone from a d cup to a e cup ( and starting to grow out of that size to now). In the first 12 weeks I lost 4 kgs and I lived off of ice lollies.
I have quite a active job and I'm on my feet most of the day and I don't really eat more now than I used to before I was preg I just make sure I have breakie now which I never used to. Don't worry about pumpkin, peanut is measuring two weeks ahead so he must be getting nutrients from somewhere lol
Xx
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:40 pm 
Post subject:
MingoMayo wrote:
At the risk of being lynched (like a friend tried when I mentionned it to her the other day) - I'm coming to complain/worry/fret over a LACK of weight gain...
I'm 21 weeks today and have gained about 6lbs. My email updates this morning from Mothercare and another site said 'blah blah gained about 10-15lbs by now' and my laptop ticker said I should have gained around 6kg (15lbs) - and I haven't. I did suffer nausea for the first 16 weeks but I wasn't particularly sick and I ate LOADS because it was the only way I could stop being so sicky... so I know it's not because I didn't eat and I eat lots now. Ok, I walk for an hour each day but my job isn't very energetic when I'm there... and I just feel like I'm doing something wrong. I'm usually around 8-8.5stone, I'm 5ft2 so I'm a usual size 8, my boobs have gone from B cups to D/Es... so I think lots of my gain is there!!! Which makes me feel worse - because if most of my 6lbs is boobs... what is Pumpkin getting?! Sad Anyone else had a pregnancy when they HAVEN'T gained what was expected? And all was ok and baby wasn't too small or anything? My friend is 3 weeks behind me and said at 9 weeks she'd already put on 4kg (10lbs) at that stage so I got a pretty grumpy response when I mentioned I was worried about not putting on enough... Sad
Any advise/'there there's would be much appreciated!
xxx

Please don't worry. I had a midwife appointment 3 weeks ago (when I was 35+3wks) and she asked the dreaded question "can you step on the scales" ....to which I rolled my eyes. I hadn't weighed myself since I was 12 weeks pregnant.

Anyway, when I stepped on, I had put on precisely 3 lbs since I was weighed on my 6 week booking-in appointment. Bearing in mind my baby is already estimated at over 10lbs Shocked I was (and the midwife was) actually happy at my weight loss.

As long as baby is healthy, and that's what the midwife is there to check, then your weight gain is not an issue.

I have not denied myself anything I wanted to eat, I just think my metabolism is up.

So please don't worry. If baby is healthy and happy, and you've not put on much then just smile and hope it stays that way!

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
Faerydae
Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
not sure if I should be worried that I've LOST 4lbs in the first trimester? :s
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:48 pm 
Post subject:
i'm feeling really fat Sad im still 1 stone heavier than I was when I fell pregnant with ds and im now 8 weeks pregnant and petrified im gna end up so huge Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:42 am 
Post subject:
Since I've conceived I've lost about 7 lb. Some of this was before I knew I was pg and I was trying to lose weight, but Ive continued to lose weight, partly cos I went through a stage where just the thought of putting food in my mouth made me feel sick. Im over that part and now to stop myself feeling sick Im eating. Fortunately my weight is just holding at the same level now, but I am worried about gaining weight too soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to:  

Community

Popular