pregancy weight gain

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:22 am 
Post subject:
I lost a stone and a half in my first pregnancy through sickness and not being able to eat. I have gained very little in the two after too but with this one I've already put on about 8 pounds! I think it's due to Christmas over indulgence also :/

Frival
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:04 pm 
Post subject:
I put on approx 5 stone during first pregnancy and I was 8.5 stone (5ft 2inches tall) at conception! was very sick for weeks 8 - 15 and didn't eat very much at all but continued even at that point to put up about 10lbs.

I wasn't on a strict diet while pregnant but didn't totally over indulge either - my cravings were mars bars and coke (so bad I know!) but I only gave in to the urge once or twice a week. I swam regularly up until the third trimester and then I got the flu and a cough etc that meant I had to stop for a bit.

I lost about 3 stone in the first couple of weeks after having my DS and another stone within the next 4 months or so, I lost about half of the last stubborn stone a few times over the last three years but would gain it again! I was back at Curves and in the process of losing it when I conceived again over Christmas. I was at 9.4 stone just before Christmas and am now already up at over 10 stone at 7 weeks!! At 5 weeks I had my post Christmas weigh and measure at Curves and was 10 stone, boobs up by 2 inches, waist up by 2 inches (tummy was same as before Christmas and thighs were down half an inch!)This made me take a pregnancy test!!!

I am definitely watching what I eat better this time and have been exercising more so far than first time around so I have come to the conclusion that my body just loves to store fat when I am pregnant!

If you know you are eating enough of the 'right' foods and not eating too much of the 'wrong' ones then there can't be a particular weight gain that is correct for everyone.

Gilliebreezers
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:54 pm 
Post subject:
I've 2 weeks to go until my induction and so far I've gained 7lbs, they think my baby will be 8lb something, so baby plus the fluid, I should be lighter when the baby comes than I was before becoming pregnant.
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:23 am 
Post subject:
Gaining the right amount of weight during pregnancy by eating a healthy, balanced diet is a good sign that your baby is getting all the nutrients he or she needs and is growing at a healthy rate. It is not necessary to "eat for two" during pregnancy.
WeeGem
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:57 am 
Post subject:
Little worried about my weight Shocked I have a BMI of 25.6 ... so I am boarder line over weight...im only 10 weeks pregnant & have gained 7lb already! Confused

Claire89x
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:30 pm 
Post subject:
Don't worry it could just be water retention

WifeyG
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, I'm just coming on here to get this off my chest really.
Feeling really low and angry with myself after getting on the scales this morning to find I've gained 1 and and half stone already (20 weeks) Sad
When I got pg the first time I was slightly overweight and in total put on around 2 stone. But about a year after having our little girl I lost nearly 3 stone (as well as my baby weight) and for the first time in a long time felt comfortable with myself.
Kept the weight off for over a year and thought I'd finally beaten the demon....until I got pg again, I'm just using it as an excuse to eat and I know it Sad
I'm going to cut back now and hopefully not gain too much more (apart from baby) but just feel really angry with myself as I said I wouldn't do this.
Sorry for the long post just feeling fed up xx
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:04 pm 
Post subject:
this is my first pregnancy and Im a little worried about how my stomach isn't showing at all and not to metion that Im not getting a hard stomach Im 15 weeks but I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow when do you start to show on your first pregnancy?
webgril
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:25 am 
Post subject: Weight Gain/Loss
I also lost weight during my 2nd pregnancy - it seems like the strangest thing in the world to be losing weight when you are growing another person inside you! But, yes when you're not feeling great and don't feel like eating much, especially in the first trimester, this can happen. It's not something to be alarmed about - neither is the weight gain that others normally experience. We're all different!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to:  

Community

Popular