strange feelings

sian78
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:43 am 
Post subject: strange feelings
I am new to all this, kind of! I have an 11 year old and im pregnant, in fact i am due tomorrow7/5/08. I cant remember everything about pregnancies.
question is, is it normal to have a feeling in your vagina that the baby is trying to get out? its a very strange feeling it doesnt hurt but a bit uncomfortable, is this normal? He is very active, just getting a bit inpatient. can anyone answer this, plus what is braxton hicks?
dawnb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:23 pm 
Post subject:
hi sian, funnily enough i have a 12 yr old daughter called sian and im pregnant with baby number 2, not due for another 10 wks though.
i would say those feelings you are getting are normal as everything is pressing right down and the babys head is probably well established in the pelvis by now.
braxton hicks are the practise contractions that some, not all women get at some point later in pregnancy..some earlier than others. they feel like minor contractions where your tummy goes quite hard for a few seconds then goes again. i never had them with my daughter but have had them alot this time round since about 25 wks.
if they last longer than 40 seconds or you have them real regular and they are getting stronger than pop to the hospital to check its not labor...but hopefully it will be for you!
i hope this helps. good luck. xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular