Trying to conceive after 5 years on the pill... HELP!!!!

Lillies
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:14 pm 
Post subject: Trying to conceive after 5 years on the pill... HELP!!!!
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and I hope I will find this a help. I have being trying for baby nr 1 and I have stopped the pill in July (which I was on for 5-6 years) My periods have always been regular before taking the pill and while taking the pill. I have been to the doctors and they have transferred me to the Gynae Clinic. I don't know what happens in this clinic, can anyone explain. I have a feeling deep down that something is wrong with me. As it's approaching the 1 year mark, I am getting more depressed and scared about the whole thing. Has anyone else here had problems with the periods coming back after the pill.

Many thanks

Lillies xx
Cazza9
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lillies,

I havn't got enough experience with this just yet. I came off the pill in end of Feb, my first cycle was 6 weeks before my peiod came, i'm now on day 32 on this one and nothing is happening just yet.

Have you now got regular period but not conceiving or no periods at all. They say it can take at least 6 months for periods to get back to normal, but it does semm like a very long time for you.

Maybe your doctor can offer you something to kickstart periods agian properly?
Cazza9
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
I also read when you come straiight off the pill you are at yur most fertile, and often people have temporarily gone back on the pill to help periods and then come off again.

Not tried it myself so don't know how much truth there is in that
Lillies
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Cassa9,

Thanks for replying to me. I had a light period that last 2 days for the first four months and then they stopped completely. I haven't had a period since November. Confused I have been to my doctor and he done all the blood tests and everything came back clear. He checked me out and said that everything seems to be ok that he just reckons that it is a post pill thing. He said himself that he would have expected it to come back after 6 months. He has referred me to the Gynae clinic. I'm a bit scared about this and I would love if I could get some advice as to what tests etc they will probably do. I think that this is a bad sign when I am being referred to this clinic. I really think there is something wrong with me. Sorry for being such a drama queen.
Casstia
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:41 am 
Post subject:
Hi Lillies

Im sorry I cant give you any specific advice re what the gyn will test as i havent experienced that myself but dont be worried that it is a bad thing that you have been referred. It can only be a good thing and I know it doesnt seem like it but IF there is a prob at least you will be in the right place to get it sorted and you will know one way or the other what you need to do about it. Also remember that the pill can do many strange things to our bodies. Ive been on depo for 5 years and pill for about 5-6 years and i go through all sorts of difference phases with it. Af seems to have settled down now but everyone is different and that doesnt mean yours is right or wrong.

Please try and stay positive and I hope all goes well at gyn. Do let us know how you get on and we are all here if you need anyone to talk to. xxx
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lillies
Sorry I didnt get round to replying to your post the other day - been hectic at work.
Anyway not taken pill for few years cos it never really agreed with me (had lots of irregular bleeding so gave up). Then had regular periods straight away again> However regular periods don't necessarily mean everything's fine. I've been to gynae clinic and they found I don't ovulate ervery month.

Anyway at clinic they'll prob just have a chat and ask about u and your partner's medical history, maybe do an internal exam (bit like a smear) and maybe arrange more blood tests. They don't seem to give much away about long term possibilities - seem to just arrange one test at a time.

When is your appt?
Hope this helps.

Ally x
whoopsie77
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lillies. I came off the pill in September having been on it for 14 years. I am now in my 9th cycle and have not had any joy yet. I don't know how long it takes for your body to sort itself out after the pill but I too had regular periods before going on the pill, during and this has continued since I stopped it. My cycles were a bit all over the place to begin with, but seem to have settled down to a regular 28 days now, so I guess it is different for everyone. This forum always advocates relaxing and trying not to stress about it, it will happen when it happens! You just have to resign yourself to that and enjoy yourself trying. I hope you have some luck soon. Love Helly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular