only 8 weeks gone and got a bump. is this normal?

camille
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:44 pm 
Post subject: only 8 weeks gone and got a bump. is this normal?
I wonder if anyone could help me with my problem. Only 8 weeks gone and i have a definite bump. Not so much in the morning but by the end of the day its there. Also is it normal to feel really scared somethings gonna go wrong. Its keeping me awake at night with worry. Probably sound like a hypocondriac but this is my first and very much wanted pregnancy. Thanks.
maybebaby
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:07 am 
Post subject:
i have just discovered that i am pregnant, not sure how far along yet and all i have been doing is worrying too. its completely normal to feel like this, just maternal instict to protect. but dont let it get you down, stay happy, you have a new baby on the way. when you feel ypourself getting worried just try to picture your baby in your arms smiling back at you. will soon cheer you up.
ang111
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:47 am 
Post subject: 8 weeks also! Got big bump!!!
Hiya

I also have a bump and I'm going bupa on Tuesday to have a vaginal scan to check out how far along i am as I must be more that 8 weeks although docs told me based upon my last period that i am 8 weeks. I have a bump in the morning too....???

Will let you know.... (Tuesday)...
Angx
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:33 pm 
Post subject:
hey camille - the worry is definitely normal. I had horrific nightmares right up until my 12 week scan about all the various gruesome ways I was worried I would lose him!!

The worry won't stop - just try and use it positively, by doing everything you can to increase you chances of it all going right - eating healthy, keeping as fit as you can, no drinking, smoking etc - it's all easier with that worry mantra in your head!!

its scary how protective you get about something so minute and surreal. I was in London on the tube at 5 months gone, and some ignorant bloke almost cracked me in the stomach (needless to say i was standing in a packed tube!!) and instincts just kick in - caught his arm and just twisted. Think I almost broke his wrist bless him. I stopped using the tube after that!!! I think it's perfectly natural though - you are, after all, the life support system for your unborn baby Very Happy

I'm 7 months now, and instead of being scared I'll miscarry all the time, I'm now terrified something will go wrong during the birth!! I'm just trying to recognise them as irrational fears, and doing everything I can to minimise risks Very Happy

good luck
sixclaws
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:21 pm 
Post subject: is it normal to feel like this?
i am six weeks gone and this is my first. I have a bump that everyone is already thoching and my mum and mother in law reckon that i am further along than my doctor thinks. this is because my morning sickness is gone and i have the visable bump. I am now finding myself very tired in the afternoon, and in the evening very dizzy and clumsy, i am also getting a little bit of pain. i was just wondering if this is because everything is streching to make room or is it somthing for me to worrie about. Confused
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:19 am 
Post subject: six weeks gone and I have a slight bump too
This is my first pregnancy and I'm six weeks gone. I have a slight bump, especially in the evenings. Not sure I'm going to get to 12 weeks without people noticing. Is this normal? Has anyone else who has posted on this topic got any answers yet about whether they were any further along than they thought, or is it normal to be showing this early? Confused
ja43118
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:32 pm 
Post subject:
Still not sure yet - as we have doctors appt on Fri - but think I am either 3 weeks or 7 weeks pregnant (had a light period on 1st Nov - then some spotting) but PG Test on 15th showed positive and then again on 18th - so not sure if test would show so quickly or whether I am further than I think.

Anyway - I dont have so much a bump in the mornings as my tummy feels bloated but by the evening - it feel quite solid. Not huge but defo there. Will know more on Fri hopefully - my DH is so anxious to find out where we are in the pregnancy so we can start making plans.

Anyone else with bumps - let me know when you find out for sure.
Angel78
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:34 pm 
Post subject:
HI Luckyducky

I'm now 11 weeks along after trying for 3 years and have had a bump for the last 3 weeks or so. Also feeling very tired and get slightly dizzy at times but luckily have had no sickness at all.

Everyone keeps joking that its twins but have been told that some people do show earlier than others and anyway after trying for so long, its nice to have something to 'show' for my efforts! Wink
Luckyducky
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:30 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Angel78,

Thanks for your post. I am now nearly 10 weeks pregnant, and have a definate bump, not that anyone has noticed yet but it's obvious to those who already know, and don't think it will be long befroe people start to comment. It is kind of nice having something there though isn;t it? Just can't wait to see it on the 6th Dec (my first scan), all feeling a lot more real now.

Love LD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular