migraine

asia
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:29 pm 
Post subject: migraine
Does any body suffer from migraines more duiring their pregnancy? I seem to be going through this more with my pregnancy. If you arewhat are you doing to treat or avoid it? Confused
AmandaD
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:30 pm 
Post subject:
I've had more headaches-and the one thing that is safe to take is tylonol-not sure if that will help with a migraine...hopefully some! And drinking lots of water has helped me.
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:33 am 
Post subject: migraines
Hi there, Im sorry to say if you normally suffer from these headaches then it is normal for them to continue during pregnancy, sometime they may be a little worse. Please let your midwife know if they persist for more than a few hours, come regularly, or are accompanied by blurred vision. Try having a nap with a cold face cloth on your forehead. Some lucky people find they stop having headaches all together as their pregnancy progresses. Hope thats you!!! You take good care of yourself.
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
I've noticed a higher frequency of migraines, but when I think back I realise I've not had any coffee. Only yesterday I had a killer migraine all day and all night. I was taking low dosage co-codamol prescribed by my gp and nothing would shift it. I had a cup of coffee and half an hour later the headache was gone.

How scary that caffeine is stronger than prescription drugs!!!
Jane74
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:38 pm 
Post subject:
My migraines has been more frequent since becoming pregnant I am now 13 weeks so I am hoping they start to calm down. i have always suffered with migraines and my midwife has confirmed that drinking prenty of fluids. Avoid coffee and tea.
ConnorsMummy
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:40 pm 
Post subject:
It's all very well avoiding coffee and tea but if that's what stops you from being in pain, then so be it, it's better than swallowing 8 pills a day til the headache goes away which is usually about 4 days!!!
Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:06 pm 
Post subject:
i've always had migraines, they're normally brought on by changes in light(quick going from dull to really light etc)

i have bought some prescription reaction lenses, these seem to really help as i've not had a migraine ever since i started wearing them.

i think caffeine can also cause migraines so might be best to keep the caffeine intake low

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular