first appt at infertility clinic this afternoon

MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:13 am 
Post subject: first appt at infertility clinic this afternoon
well ive got my first appointment this afternoon im totally dreading it!!! OH is really gettin on my nervous about it all he jst does not seem interested at all i think he thinks nothing could possibly be wrong with him as he already has a son from 10 years ago but ive told him alot can happen to your body in 10 years and he is now overweight and he is 30 or either that he is scared to find out if sumit is wrong with him as it wud put Question Question over his son!! whose mother has most certainly been around the block and was 16 when she fell pg!!!
he was even moaning last night about giving a urine sample cos it says on the letter we have to take urine samples with us he really annoyed me last night because i was like well whats the point in going if ur not gonna do anything doc asks cos he doesnt want to know if sumit wrong or not!! he is so stubborn i actually feel like cancelling. my doc has already told me that i have fluid around one of my ovaries which they will prob want to investigate and cos of another previous problem there is a good chance IF sumit wrong it is likely that i have endo at worst case so does he not think ive got enough on my mind without him being a total ******
lol sorry for the rant its jst so frustrating at times, he really doesnt think
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:40 am 
Post subject:
Hi babe. Lots of luck for today. Might do you both good cos you will be able to get lots of facts and info and will know where you stand one way or the other. make sure you ask them absolutely everything you possibly want to know and use the opportunity well. Thinkin of you. xxx
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:48 am 
Post subject:
thanks casstia
yeah im glad we r getting seen cos like u say we wil know one way or another if sumit up i jst wish oh wud stop being so stubborn i know he is prob worried but his attitude dont help any lol

x
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:51 am 
Post subject:
Hopefully when you get there it may put things into perspective a bit for him. My friends went through something similar. First it was diagnosed that the problem was with her and her fella was very "matter of fact" and quite cold but as soon as it turned out it was him it was a whole other story and he had to start being more understanding and relaxed. luckily they conceived the month they were due to start IVF!!! Maybe when he has someone sat in front of him talking and explaining whats what he might chill out a bit! xx
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:55 am 
Post subject:
yeah hopefully, i really think he is sure the prob is not him but at the same time he is scared incase it is him guys r such weirdos lol

it will all be fine what will be will be and all that, and we will be getting expert advice so i guess he will have to listen lol i will let u know how i get on and see what they say, im sure the first appt will jst be to discuss the whole situation anyway

x
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:23 am 
Post subject:
Hi M1223

i noticed that you are going to have a lacropsy treatment in june .. i had that last year straight foward and i was pretty painless afterwards just a little cramp... to see if they was anything wrong on my part...

nothing found and they started me clomid tablets later....and now ivf ....you have nothing to worry about i was sacred before the operation and there is nothing to worry about best sleep i had in ages lol... Laughing

if you feeling a little worried iam a old pro at the whole hospital process... so can chat anytime Very Happy

good luck sweetie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:49 am 
Post subject:
thanks cutie pie good to hear from someone who has been thru it,
the doc was given me all the worst statistics yest my oh was totally white listening to it all lol, i jst turned round and said yeah giving a sperm sample dont seem so bad now does it Laughing Laughing
ive heard its pretty straight forward but she told me the stats were 1 in 1500 can end up either getting there bladder or bowels cut and needin major surgery i execpted the odds to be slightly better than 1 in 1500 considering how often they must do this op!! so that thru me off a little and im well nervous cos ive never even been under aneasthetic before ive never had an op or anything
but she told me if they do find sumit they will fix it (if it can be fixed) there and then which im sooo glad about means i dont have to go thru it twice but hopefully there wont be anythin wrong and like ur self they will jst give me clomid,
im hoping not to have to get as far as the ivf stage bcos they have said since my oh already has a child i wud not be eligible for the nhs to pay, even tho i dont have any children but there is loads of time before we get to that
how long did u wait for ur lap?? they have also put me on a list for cancelations so i might even get sooner than june but doc said no later than the end of june

xxxx
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:03 am 
Post subject:
they always paint the worst picture .. they told me about what can go wrong its just to cover themself.. least they told you before the op ,, they didnt bloody tell me until just before i went down lol Laughing so did not have time to think ... i was like "thanks could have maybe mentioned that before hand ha ha !!! "

i never had an op before this one... i was more nervous on the morning but they had kept me waiting that long in hospital to take my down i was sick of my life before and just wanted to get it over with... you'll be fine you awalys worry about unknown

i dont have any other children so thats why it taking longer for me and my hubby for some reason it not working "unexplained" we had to pay private anyway coz they waiting list is too long i live up north and the list here is about 3 yrs and can not wait that long ... not cheap like phew plently of overtime thats for sure lol

i was booked in for a mth time like you and went then so pretty quick... because you have a child already you will probs be ok with the tablets as they are normally sucessfull

keep me posted how it goes .. did they tell you about the filling you with gas part ha ha for the op .....honestly not pretty afterwards !!! ha ha

keep me posted
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:11 am 
Post subject:
i dont have any kids already my oh has a child from a previous relationship thats whats really bugging me about them saying the NHS will not pay for ivf if i did have a prob cos its like him having a kid from a previous relationship means i dont get the chance to have one myself if it came to that
but to be honest not gonna think about that jst now cos thats a long way down the line and hopefully wont have to happen! yeah they said they fill u wit gas that is prob gonna be the worst bit!!
xx
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:20 am 
Post subject:
oh sorry sweetie shud have maybe read that better.... Very Happy thats a but unfair like isnt it ... the treatment are that advanced now the sucess rate for any fertility are good and i wil be keeping my fingers crossed for you ... you just have to focus on things one stage at time that the best way

stay postive and iam here if you have any worries about the treatment ping me a note and we can chat .... let me know how it goes as i said before they nothing to worry about we are woman we can do anything !!!! Laughing

take care sweetie xxxxxx
MichellenEvan
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:23 am 
Post subject:
lol thanks cutiepie

yeah we r jst gonna take it one step at a time and still there is a good chance nothing is wrong and its jst taking time, but i guess the doc jst had to go thru everything and be straight with us but she said herself not to worry about that stage as if it did ever come to that then it wud not be for a good while yet.
so we r staying positive and hoping for the best!! not gonna get cut up about sumit that might never even need to happen

and thanks again im sure as it gets closer i will bombard u with hundreds of questions

xxx
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:45 am 
Post subject:
it is a long long way off .....

that the right attitude to have girl Laughing

Yeah ask away ....anytime ... helps to talk it through for both of us !!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular