First movements

fozzy2k
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:12 am 
Post subject: First movements
Hi this is mine and my partners first pregnacy and she is now at 19 weeks but shes getting worried because she hasnt yet felt the baby kick, a few weeks back she was sure she felt something when we were away in lanazrote and she sure it was the baby, she described it as a fluttering one miniute it were there then next it was gone, but that was 4 weeks ago and all she wants now is to feel the baby, shes over weight at just short of 19 stone is her weight a factor of why she hasnt really felt anything yet?
kimberley
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hey

Iv been at my midwife today and i told her some days i can feel baby move and sometimes nothing and she advised me thats normal.

I was reading up 2day and it says you feel the baby by about 17 weeks if its your second baby or if your realy slim so they weight could be why she hasnt felt anything yet.

Im 17 weeks and its just fluttering at the min like little butterflys Very Happy

Hope this helps.

x
bumplove
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:11 pm 
Post subject: dont worry
hi sweet heart

dont get upset i'm 21 weeks gone and i can not feel my baby move yet but i know he is fine i heard his heart beat today and the midwife said she could hear him move some times if it is your frist it can take up to 23 weeks.
all is ok
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:53 am 
Post subject:
weight can be an issue - I'm 15 stone and it definitely means that its harder to hear and feel externally.

I had the fluttering feeling and was also unsure about what is was - the midwife wasn't sure either, but my sister in law told me that it was most likely baby's first kicks - he's like butterflies in your tummy at first!

give it a bit more time. I think the first really strong movements for me started at about 22 weeks - I'm now 28 weeks and can actually see my skin moving and stretching as he flumps around in there! Nothing to worry about - she will feel your baby in there sooon enough Very Happy
lau1980
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:50 am 
Post subject: ist movements
can any1 tell me what the first movements actually feel like! im 18 weeks and esp at evenings im feeling a kind of ticklin scrathy feeling to 1 side of my tummy it feels strange and idont no whether its the baby or just my imagination! help! how does it feel!?! Question
DevonMum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
sounds like baby movements to me Very Happy

I'd say it felt like fizzing more than anything, with a slight scratchiness. Kind of how I'd imagine a packet of refreshers in the bottom of your tummy would feel Very Happy Or like sherbert feels on your tongue.

But that's just me - I guess they are probably different for everyone!! If your tickly scrathy feel is low down, where period pains would have been before - then my guess is yes it's baby movements Very Happy

Enjoy!!
lau1980
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:23 am 
Post subject:
wow thats great its so exciting! my boyfriends jealous as he want to feel it too!! thanks for ya help!!! x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular