waking in the night @ 15 months

Chelle102
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:09 pm 
Post subject: waking in the night @ 15 months
my 15 month old daughter slept through the night from 6 weeks old and we have had no problems until now. She has started to wake in the night for no apparent reason she does not want a feed, nappy change, is not uncomfortable is not teething or any of the other reasons mentioned by advice sites or other mums, She wakes about 20 times for less than five minutes and appears to be trying to get herself back to sleep. please help i dont understand why she has started to do this Sad
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:01 am 
Post subject:
all babies go through stages of waking in the night. try not to become too concerned.

does your daughter have a dummy? bottle? or snuggly to go to bed? or anything?

maybe she has had a bad dream. maybe a noise has startled her. maybe she has tummy ache or headache?

IsadoraLaura
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:48 pm 
Post subject:
I wouldnt worry too much for now. My second daughter Kora was a fussy sleeper from around 11 months to about 20 months but she seemed to grow out of it.

I think babies juts have different sleeping patterns. Just make sure that your baby isnt sick or in distress or anything.

Maybe just having bad dreams?

MDMELB
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:39 am 
Post subject: Sleep Apnea
Hi, please do not be alarmed, however if your child is waking that frequently, I would suggest going in there and watching her sleep, see if she stops breathing at all and also monitor her mood during the day, eg is she tired etc.... I would look into eliminating sleep apnea. Good luck. as I have discovered, most times these things are 10x mores stressful for the parent than the child, as our ped says. is is an innocent problem...
katvic
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:50 am 
Post subject: Re: waking in the night @ 15 months
Babysense controlled crying is the only way. We just started it with our 9 month old! Hard, but the right thing to do!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular