Who has had a premature baby ?

Joey25
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
hi, I had Chloe at 35 weeks, she weighed 5lb 9ozs, we were kept in hospital for a week when I had her as my waters had broken two weeks prior to me having her and she had to be given antibiotics. She also found feeding difficult to start off with so had a feeding tube in for 2 days. She lost a small amount of weight in the first 3 days but after 5 started to gain slowly. She is now 4 months old and doing so well
Jo
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
Joey25 wrote:
hi, I had Chloe at 35 weeks, she weighed 5lb 9ozs, we were kept in hospital for a week when I had her as my waters had broken two weeks prior to me having her and she had to be given antibiotics. She also found feeding difficult to start off with so had a feeding tube in for 2 days. She lost a small amount of weight in the first 3 days but after 5 started to gain slowly. She is now 4 months old and doing so well
Jo

mines similar story to urs my waters went 3 days before i had georgia and i had an infection and they thort georgia mite to so she had to have antibiotics. georgia was not fussed on feeds so had to wake her and make her feed. lad to hear she is doin well. im hoping georgia will have gained sum weight wen she gets weighed on tuesday.

xxrosemariexx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:23 pm 
Post subject:
i had my baby boy on the 18th nov 08 at 25 + 5 days by section due to the cord prolapsing he was 2lb 1oz and he was breathing on his own and doing well, docs where worried when i bacame pregnant as i have a heart condition but my heart was fine thru the preg until i had my section, my heart rate was dropping but i felt fine after it, and our baby boy didn't have anything wrong with his heart, but on the 9th dec 08 he contracted NEC and he past away on the 15th dec 08, he was a wee fighter as they docs though he wouldn't last along as he did, + when they put him on the ventilator to give him a rest he was tryin to fight that too..
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:42 pm 
Post subject:
sorry ur little boy passed away rosemarie but yes he dus sounds like a fighter:)

Vixs
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:19 pm 
Post subject: Thannks
Seeing these posts has given me a little flicker of hope, my sister has given birth 12weeks early to her precious little girl, weighing 2.4lb she's a month old now and appeared to be on a role other than general issues until we just learned she has NEC, and is really poorly. The docs are concerned her lungs are filling and she's high risk of a collapsed lung. My sister and her partner are devastated and feel so helpless. It's reassuring to see these forums and I hope they can find some comfort in reading them, if anyone has any advise I'd be grateful. Feel so helpless
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:33 pm 
Post subject:
just be there for ur sister in wotever way she needs uSmile

xxKatxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
I had Kara at 33weeks by emergency caesarean due to pre eclampsia and a placental abruption, we were in hospital nearly 3 weeks and then came home and she's continued to thrive since day one!
she's an absolute little star, she weighed 3lb 13oz when she was born and she'll be a month old tomorrow and she weighs 4lb 8oz!
I must say though its the scariest, toughest and most emotional experience of my life having the emergency section and then Kara being in intensive care / high dependency and then special care.

Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:58 pm 
Post subject:
Very Happy Lovely to read these stories.. and
see pictures of baby Cameron. I hope your babies all make a speedy recovery and come home with you soon xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:13 am 
Post subject:
Hope kara is doin well kat.

Georgia is nw 18 months and is 23lbs and has just started walking.

Helen10
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
All three of my babies were premature my first was born at 30 weeks weighing 3lb 6 oz after I had a placenta abruption he spent 4weeks in scbu

My second and third we born at 36 and 34 weeks both weighing 5lb 7oz

All fine and healthy.
At the same time as I had my third baby my friend had her baby born at 24weeks!!! She weighed 1lb 8oz, spent 16 weeks in hospital but absolutely fine... It's amazing what they can do now for prem babies!!
kayleyfluffybabyBUM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:53 pm 
Post subject:
I've had two. My eldest was 5 weeks early weighing 6lb2oz! (my daughter was only a week early and weighed .5 of an ounce more!) due to GBS. He turns 4 on 3rd December! He was born healthy but his suck/swallow reflex was rubbish so needed an NGT for a week and a half which meant a hospital stay in transitional care.

My youngest was born 16 weeks ago 6 weeks early weighing 4lb11oz due to PPROM and placental abruption, there was also a slight trace of GBS. He was rushed to neonatal and spent 4 nights in an incubator and a further week and a half in a neonatal cot. He had congenital pneumonia and congenital meningitis as well as a chest infection and fluid on his lungs. He spent 2 nights on oxygen and needed a 9 day antibiotic treatment (opposed to the 7 days he was supposed to have due to paeds messing up his prescription.) He too needed an NGT, his was in for 10 days. Despite all of this he made an extremely fast recovery and is extremely happy and healthy Smile
Zacky was born June 26th 2011
Pip was born October 17th 2012
Spencer was born 5th August 2013 (6 weeks early)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular