Who has had a premature baby ?

dannigizmo
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:22 pm 
Post subject:
hey just been reading all the posts, helps to read other peoples experiences so good topic!!

My wee girl was delivered at 26 weeks due to pre eclampsia. she weighed 1lb 5 oz. over the last 18 weeks so much has happened but our wee star has came through it all.

She had a collapsed lung, then got nec so was transferred to sick kids hosp where she was resusciated twice, had 2 ops in her bowel ( only has a third of her bowel left), got a pda closed, had laser eye treatment for rop and numerous infections and 11 transfusions.

She now breathes on her own, and up to full tube feeds and is nearly 5 1/2 pounds!!

not out the woods yet but when we were told she only had a 30% of making it and pulled through she is our shining star, i am sooo proud of her. one day we will get home, i am sure!!

Just wanted to share my story and sending my love to all our special premmies!!! xxx
NicolaOasis
Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:13 am 
Post subject:
She sounds amazing, you must be so proud of her xx
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:50 am 
Post subject:
I had my little girl at 35 + 5. I went into the hospital the previous week because my waters broke, had steroids, i was induced on the 22nd of December, 08. She was born on the 23 weighing 5lbs 3oz. We went home the next day. My daughter went back in 15 days later her weight had dropped to 4lbs. sge is now 3 months and weighs 11lbs.

i know she was not as early as some of the others noted on the forum but i found the whole situation very stressful and struggled to find clothes for her.
NicolaOasis
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Deb, its not the best situation is it ? But we get through it, we have to !!!

And yes, clothes were a nightmare to find !!!!! xx
Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies. I had my baby at 31 weeks. She weighed 4 lb 13 at birth i reckon she had an advantage cos im a type 1 diabetic. She had no health problems at all was just on cpap overnight for her first night. She has now come off all monitors apart from a wrist strap to keep her pulse. She is still in the incubator and being tube fed. Im finding it so hard, dying to bring her home. Some of your stories have helped me to hope that we may get her home soon. Very Happy

NicolaOasis
Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:37 pm 
Post subject:
It sounds as if she is doing really well so far.

Aimee got her first suck feed at 5 or 6 days old, it was one suck feed to every 2 tube feeds and they gradually built it up. As soon as she sucked all of her feeds for 48 hours then i was allowed to bring her home.

It really is hard going being at the hospital but it will be amazing when she gets home Smile We've found that Aimee is a very content baby and i credit that with her being in SBCU for 22 days as they got her into a routine for us xx

Keep us updated xx
Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
i had my little boy, Roman, at 35+4 weeks. he weighed 5lbs 10ozs. he's a little angel but it's been hard to bond and feel he's mine as i only had him for 12 hours before he got lazy and didn't push his first poop out. 2 weeks later he come home for a week then went back in for a week due to infection from a drip wound (he didn't like them so he pulled them out!). having gone through everything during pregnancy, he's mad it all worth while and now at 9 weeks old, his personality is shining through and makes me smile!
UKMummy
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:27 am 
Post subject:
I had my prem baby 14 years ago! She was born at 36 weeks and weighed 4lb 11oz. So tiny but very perfect. Shes now as big as me! lol Very Happy

dprivett
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:20 am 
Post subject: 24 weeker surviving triplet 1lb 8oz
My premature baby was born at 24 wks 0days weighing 1lb 8oz and was 13 inches long. I had a spontaneous identical triplet pregnancy which was complicated by Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome. I had intrauterine surgery at 23 weeks and PROM, my babies were delivered at 24 weeks, one baby was stillborn, my other baby weighed 1lb 5oz and died from NEC complication in the NICU at 1 month of age. My surviving triplet spent 4 months in a NICU, two months on a vent, some time on C-PAP and had 3 surgeries for NEC complications, and he required multiple blood transfusions. His lung collapsed when he was 1 day old requiring chest tube placement.
We brought him home on oxygen and a apnea monitor. He was diagnosed with mild cardiomyopathy which has resolved.
In spite of his rough start he is doing great. He now weighs 16lbs 5oz. He is a little behind developmentally which is to be expected considering he arrived a full 4 months early, but so far we have not noticed any major problems. He is our miracle!
Feel free to follow his blog at http://preemiedays1.blogspot.com
harmonywilsonx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:17 pm 
Post subject: Premature?
heyaaaxx
my daughter was 3 weeks prem x
but i didnt have a really big bump at 36 weeks x
but theres no side affects to being prem xx
i would love her no matter what xx
thanks xx
rc09
Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:17 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

I had my son at 32wks & he weighed 2lb 2ozs. He was in hospital for a couple of months & came home when he weighed 4lbs. I had severe pre eclampsia which caused him to not grow properly, he's a very healthy 7 year old now, he's just very slim but has bags of energy, more than most!!

I'm now 11 wks pregnant with my 2nd baby so we've got our fingers crossed I don't get pre eclampsia this time & we can have a good weight baby!!

Very Happy
Nicosmummy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:39 pm 
Post subject: Prem baby?
I had my little angel at 27+2 in dec 08, 2lb 11oz dropping to 2lb 1oz.
She came home after 14 weeks in hospital and she now weights 8lb 12oz!
She still has problems but is a little fighter and you would never have guessed she been so poorly xx
louise55
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:30 pm 
Post subject:
our little premmies are all amazing!! They are such little fighters. My lilly is 8 weeks old now and weighs 7lb. Very Happy

NicolaOasis
Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:06 am 
Post subject:
Lilly is doing so well Smile

Is she a good baby ? I bet she is xx
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:03 pm 
Post subject:
yea nicola she's great still in her scbu routine so she feeds between four and five hourly. She still sleeps most of the time but she's starting to get alot more alert during the day which is nice. The only time she really screams is when she has to get changed, doesnt like being fussed. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular