So any other young parents out there?

GemGemz85
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:11 am 
Post subject:
Not sure if I count, but I've just turned 24 and I'm pregnant with my first. I've always wnted to be a younger Mum. I'm a teacher and I've been with my fiance for 3 years. We have a house and mortgage and a dog...and now a baby on the way! We've boh always worked full time. A lot of my friends are still single and go out all the time, but I dont envy them. I did the whole going out and getting drunk and meeting guys thing when I was 16-21...once I was settled with my partner it got boring! I'm glad that when my child is18 I'll only be 42...which is still pretty young(ish!) all the best girls xx

FirstTimeMummyx
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:54 pm 
Post subject:
Im 17 and 4 months pregnant, i could use a little advice? i have no friends who have kids i had to drop out of college, im thrilled to be having a baby and so is my partner, but at the moment, i just feel so alone.

It would just be a relief to know if there was anyone else out there.
I know that young mums are looked down upon a lot in modern day society and that sucks because it just makes me more afraid to ask for the help i need..thats why i joined here, i was hoping people wouldnt be as judgmental as the ones who im aorund, because i just need to chat sometimes about it all, so if anyone could help, please xxx
Amylou88
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:42 pm 
Post subject:
I'm 20 and have a 14 week old baby boy. my oh has cheated on me and now i have no where permanent to live and no money, but even though things are a bit rubbish i still have my beautiful boy!

FirstTimeMummyx - I look a lot younger than i am and always get stupid ppl giving me dirty looks or making assumptions about me, and it makes me want to work harder and not ask for help if i need it. Its a bit of a silly thing to do though because any new mum needs help from time to time!! But i understand where you're coming from and i reckon a lot of ladies on here will do too Smile If u ever want to chat theres usually someone around! xxx

KatieMaysMummyx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:56 am 
Post subject:
Us youngsters :p ...need to visit this forum more and get it up there with the rest !

I only noticed it the other day !

I'm 19 and my baby is due in October Very Happy I will be 20 in January and baby's dad will be 20 this November !

I do think I'm a bit young but I'll still be able to provide everything my baby needs and give him/her all the love in the world Very Happy

xx
Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:31 pm 
Post subject:
I am 22 and planning to have my first child. I got married young as well (not forced or arranged) me and my husband have been best friends since we were tiny toddlers..and then 5 years ago he asked me out...lol

I'm happy to have a child young as when my child grows older i will hopefully still be young and fit enough to take my baby places and play sports. My manager dissagrees but im happy to give up my night life for my baby

good luck girls Smile

xxx
Brandy3050
Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
I just turned 19 May 2nd..... I am due with my first in Sept!!! I am super excited, but a little worried. My parents are loving the fact that they can make fun of me for getting fat and not being able to get around as easy!! Hehe, they are pretty excited too. How did all your parents take it when you told them about the first?
Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:01 am 
Post subject:
im 19 and have two kids under 2!! im married and starting accountancy in september! xx
Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
I'm going to be 22 on May 27th, and I'm 16weeks with my first child, which is due on Nov 5th, 09. My fiance (who will be 27 in Dec), and I have been together for 4 years in Sept. We are thrilled to be having a baby, and so are our parents.
However I am also concerned even though he has a good job, we don't have any money saved up. We had to move to his parents home 1 month before I found out I was preg. I have been unemployed for about a year now. I was looking for a job when I found out I was preg, so thought it best to stop looking (cause I didn't think anyone would want to hire a preg women). I also have no collage or uni degree.
Needless to say I'm a bit stressed, but I suppose it could be worse.

Congrats to all you ladies out there Smile
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:32 am 
Post subject:
Hi im 18 and expecting my first child i left college early due to a fit, which meant i was ill for a while and couldnt finish. trying not to get too excited about being pregnant until i reach twelve weeks. but it seems to be going sooooo slow any one else think so? xxx
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:11 pm 
Post subject:
lucy, congrats! I thought the same way as you did. Thought that time would go by so slow, but now I'm over the half way point. Time blew by! I don't know where the last 5 months has gone. I think time goes faster when your counting week by week. I hope it is the same for you.
How are you feeling?
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
hi tonijill,
thanks, feel like im on a boat all day long haha really quesy mornin sickness is starting to ease a little bit now im trying not to get too excited untill i reach 12 weeks tho! cant wait till then! just wanna fast-forward time a bit lol!
love
lucy
xxxxx
Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
i was 18 yrs old when i fell pregnant and now i am 19years old and the baby is due in june, i have been to birmingham college before i planned on starting a family, i am going to claim for every benefit i can have as i do not work and have been turned down on work because i am pregnant and they don't want a pregnant women to work, which i think is rediculas
(sorry bout the speling i can't spell good)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Younger Parents All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular