why does my prem baby sleep so much?

braydenmum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:45 am 
Post subject: why does my prem baby sleep so much?
I gave birth to my son 10 days ago now he was prem aswell and a bit unexpected him arriving, since coming home he's always asleep apart from being awake for nappy changes, bottle feeds or forva cuddle or a bath, he hates being exposed and I'm not sure if he will get used to it but is it normal for a prem baby too sleep so much
simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:49 am 
Post subject:
sorry nobody has replied, but sleeping except for chnages, feeds and cuddles is normal of any baby hun prem or not, but in my experience my preemie slept MUCH more than my others and i had to set alarms to remind me to feed him etc as he just wouldnt wake up, but they soon get their strength up and spending more time awake Smile its while they are sleeping that they grow and as preemies hae alittle more growing to do to catch up they sleep more (thats what paed told me anyways lol) x
LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:34 pm 
Post subject:
yep thats rite prem babies sleep so much more as theyve got a lot more growing and catching up to do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Premature Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular